Epilogue

BEFORE YOU PROCEED!
THIS WAS WRITTEN PURELY FOR YOU SO EXCUSE ME FOR ANYTHING YOU DON'T LIKE. THIS WAS DIFFICULT FOR ME TO WRITE.
P.S. the chapter is not edited. It is freaking 3:13 am here!

Ten years later

"I want you to get a second wife."

The cough was so loud that even water didn't work and on the opposite side Zeeniya graceful ate her ravioli.

"I'm gonna pretend that I didn't hear you but thank you for your offer. One is more than enough for me." Regaining his composure he answered smoothy before saying under his breath, "Ek tou sambhalti nhi dosri ka kia karungi ga." He was sure she would bury him alive if he pulled a stunt like that.

"I thought you would've jumped at the offer." She shrugged.

"And why is that?"

"Because you're the one always protesting how I don't have time for you. Or how I never make an effort." Nayal said some of those but only during their fights when he was about to lose. "But remind me Siddiqi the last time you made an effort." She waiting for him to answer but he kept cutting his chicken."I'll tell you. Last year on my birthday. See? We're both too absorbed in everything other than each other."

This wasn't what he wanted to talk about on his tenth wedding anniversary so stood up and offered her a hand. Zeeniya stared at him for a second before accepting and standing in front of him. They were at a beautiful cliff having a private dinner arranged by Jessica. No one was around so Zeeniya wore the saree she bought a while ago but never got around wearing.

 No one was around so Zeeniya wore the saree she bought a while ago but never got around wearing

As he worked on his phone, Zeeniya remembered the circumstances that led to this day.

True to her words, Zeeniya made her Dad and the entourage from the US two days and Nayal booked the masjid for the weekend. Jessica practically had hit her head on the ceiling after the news moreover upon the fact that Zeeniya was clear of the blank expression and the first time chuckling nervously. The next day Jessica stuffed her in the car and drove to South Hall in search for the perfect dress. Turns out she did her fair share of research about desi weddings to know what we were looking for.

After six hours of hopping from store to store, Zeeniya sat down on the street refusing to go inside even a single store. Shopping has always been a bigger issue than North Korea experimenting the hydrogen bomb to Zeeniya. She only liked selective pieces but none of them were available or at least needed a week to get the order complete. The dresses that were ready made her roll her eyes or imaginary puke. Everything seemed monotonous.  Jessica was starting to resemble a zombie with the smudged mascara and frustrated look, all courtesy of the bride. Halfway through the parking lot Zeeniya jumped in realization and ran back towards the store with a complaining Jess. Opening the door to one of the shop's they had been she launched in a certain direction and plucked out a dress from behind the other hangers.