Ms Tomboy And The Teenage Assistant

#NotEdited

Nayal and Sean. Happy times.... *sigh*

Nayal

"You either won a £200,000 lottery or you have given me the ultimate reason to fire you." Without looking up from the forensic report, I snarled at Taylor.

In the next few minutes I realized that my words made no dent on her as she stood beside my chair smiling brightly and occasionally squealing.

"Taylor....." I warned her in a low voice.

"You went on a date!"

"It wasn't a date!" I challenged in the same tone.

"Still! What'd she wear? Where did you guys go? Brighton Pier? Hyde Park?" I turned around 180° glancing at my assistant who was acting more like my annoying sister.

"Tell tell, sir!"

I'm so going to kill Sean for hiring practically a teen!

"A girl needs her gossips! You know what people in this office think of you?" I raised a brow at her, signalling her to continue. "They think that...." She cocked her head around nervously.

"Speak up!" Well, it might surprise me.

"Thatyouaregayandhaven'tcameout." Before I could grasp her words she disappeared from the room and I was happy enough not to say a word.

"This was dropped off for you. There's an urgent stamp on it too." Her professional tone was restored when she came back fifteen minutes later.

There was nagging feeling as I eyed the brown document bag, maybe because I didn't pray Fajr today. Reciting Astaghfirullah, I removed the seal pulling out a single sheet. My pupils contracted and expanded at the same time as I squinted and widened my eyes at the same time. In a fraction of second I dashed towards the elevator, stopping myself from jumping down the 20th floor.

Damn the downtown morning traffic!

Punching the wheel with all the energy in me gained a few glances from the neighbouring cars. This explains everything. Every effing thing that happened in the past months.

"Can I get off early?" I focused on the watch hugging my wrist.

"It's five right now." Sean never asked for nights off.

"Yeah. Maybe six-ish?" From the doorway I could see tiny drops of sweat glistening on his forehead.

"Sure. But your with Zeeniya tomorrow. 8 to 12." I could recite her witness protection duties in my sleep.

"I'll be there." I nodded blindly putting my trust in him.