Chapter 3

"Theo? Is that really you?" I asked un sure I thought he died when we was 12. "Yeah its really me. I missed you so much Dk." That was my nickname when we was little Dk. "Where have you been I thought you died in the river?" I said. "You are gonna have to trust me when I tell you I have a very good reason. I just can't tell you right now." I nodded my head. "I understand. Are you gonna go to the school here?" I asked my voice filed with hope. "I'm sorry Dk, but I dropped out of school in 10th." I sighed "It's okay"

I looked around and saw it was dark. "I probably should get home." I said "I'll walk with you. " He said and we started walking towards my house. "Where are you staying at?" I said trying to make conversation. "Right now I'm staying in some motel. Why?" "You know I'm sure my parents won't mind you staying with us we have a extra room." I told him "No its fine I don't want to bother yall." "You want be a bother at all." I reassured him

We got home and went to the kitchen to talk to my mom and dad. "Is it alright if a friend stays here for a little while?" I wasn't about to tell her who it was because she would have a heart attack. My mom treated Theo like her own child when we was little. "I don't care but why?" "I don't want him to have to stay in a motel." "Okay well show him the spare room." I motioned with my hands to follow me. We went upstairs and I showed him his new room. "So what ya think?" I asked him. "I like it. Thanks for doing this." "Your welcome. If you need anything I will be in the room across the hall. I'm goin to bed I have school." He nodded his head and I walked into my room. I changed clothes and went to bed.

Next Day-Friday

Poke

"Go away" I mumbled to tired to open my eyes

Poke poke "Oww!! Why did you do that? Now my finger hurts." I open my eyes and see Theo. "You shouldn't have poked me. I told you to go away." "I came in here to wake you up." I looked at the time and shot out of bed it was nearly 8:00. I should be at school by now. I got out of bed and got dressed. I ran downstairs and got my keys told Theo bye and left.

By the time I got to school first period was almost over. I decided that I wasn't gonna go to that class since it's pretty much over. I was walking around when I heard hushed voices. I slowly walked around the corner.

"I'm gonna tell her soon." That voice sounded so familiar but I couldn't place a name. "I know Grant." He sounded annoyed "She's my mate not yours so shut up!" I walked around the corner acting like I haven't been listening to his conversation. "I got to go." He said then hung up. "Hey Grayson." I wonder who he was talking about and what's a mate? He smiled and pulled me into a hug. "Hey darlin." I glared at him he knows I don't like being called that. "Didn't I tell you not to call me that." He smirked at me "Yep what you gonna do about it? He knew he was getting on my nerves. "I'm not gonna tell you." The truth is I didn't know what I was gonna do. I always could paint his motorcycle but I would probably die and he would take revenge on my car. "You don't know do you?" I was about to reply when the bell rang talk about saved by the bell.

Hopefully he will forget about what happened. I made my way to second period science. I didn't have any off my friends in this class. " okay class open our text books to page... " I  stopped listening after that wishing this class would just up and end.

I'm listening to music when someone yanks my head phone out. I look up and see Mr.Foley. Oh crap... I'm in trouble. "Why are you listening to music in my class?" He sounds really mad. "I'm not." I lie and quickly then of my music when he ain't lookin. "Really then why do you have your earphones out?" "Well before I came to your class I was listening to music and I didn't get a chance to unplug them or take them or so I turned it off and left them." Please please by it I don't need another detention. He nods his head and walks away. That was close. The bell rang and I left and headed to lunch. Finally food!!