Coffee on a rainy day

I hate how cruel world can be; I gave everything but I haven't get anything in return. No, it's not that I gave just for a return or what, but can you understand it? Can you feel what I am feeling right now? I just gave love and gave, but they didn't give back. 

Some people said that it's a good thing; you give love. It's the purpose of life. They are not obliged to pay back and give just what exactly you did. It's good to give love; especially when you knew they're happy about it. Their smiles, their laughs. Worth it. 

You dedicate yourself too much to them to the point that you forget to set aside a little percent for your self. Its consequences? Time comes and they will hurt you, you will be broke and left alone. You ran out of love; you can't love yourself anymore. You gave it all. 

You are wrecked, you are alone. You kept on seeking for them, for someone; someone you painted with a smile on his face. But they didn't turn back on you and left you alone in the road without looking back as if there's an hesitation. A hope that they change their minds and ran back to you and lift you up. But no, you were wrong. Instead, they ran and ran as if you got some virus. 

World maybe this evil; you viewed it as an unfair world. But it's just because you are broken. You are broken and every wonderful things in this world will be blurred, turned to grayscale. 

"Cafe Latte for Ms. Karylle" I heard someone said and placed my coffee right on my table. 

This has been my  routine for quite some time now. Wake up early and go for an early jog and will drink my coffee in this cafe. I never heard of something so exciting; everything is boring. My life is boring. But this is how I liked it. this is how it should be. So clear and smooth, silence.. 

Sometimes I don't like freeing myself, it will just let my mind reminisce and think and memories flash. A memory that has to be thrown away. 

"Hi are you alone?" I slowly lift up my eyes from my coffee to someone stands in front. I gave him a head to toe look and I guess it's creeping him out. He should be. I didn't replied and went back to my coffee and plugged my earphones in. I can see his shadow moving away and so I concluded he went off. 

I sipped the last drop and stood up. 

Once I went in inside my car, I hastily drove off. It's not that I am free for the whole day. I still have my work and it's going to be a busy day. 

Everyday she goes to that Coffee shop for her coffee; same flavor and the same spot. She kept herself off from the people; from the noise. She became pathetic and paranoid; bitter and if you were to paint her? She will be in a black and white. Nobody get a chance to get a word from her. She never speaks, no not literally, but as much as possible she wont prolong a conversation. 

"K, I really need the sketch of your designs. As in right now, the clients are looking for it." her friend Anne approached her. She is the only one who stood still with her. She never walked away. Even how lame, bitchy and bossy she can be, Anne never left her. And she was truly thankful. 

She just nodded and went to her office. A blue portfolio of dresses was handed to Anne and gave her a smile. She then locked her room and focus on designing. She is the designer of a Bridal Shop. Her designs were known for its classical style and elegance. It has been her passion and it is the only thing she is proud having.