ONE

|NIALL|

my chest heaved, and my throat felt dry. the air felt thin as i kept my pace up, i constantly wondered if i was even breathing at all.

snaps and the quick rustle of leaves and twigs echoed into my ears. thick breaths puffed into the cold air, as i heard the whispers all around me.

the image of a slight brush by his fingertips was felt through my sweater and i shivered, running faster until it felt like the world was blurred. i saw the open pathway, just a few more strides.. a few..

more...

|11:45|

i jolted awake, the television's slight murmuring created a dull morning mood. the sky the was gray, and so were my socks. i groaned, hearing the home phone go off.

getting up, with a few pops in my back and legs, i shuffled towards it. "hello?" "niall! let's go, get up! get ready! get packed!"

"tommo what the hell are you talking about?" "a lads holiday! don't tell me you forgot!" the older man screeched, slightly flinching at his high vocals.

"sorry, could you come over? help me pack s'all." "alright alright, be there soon 'kay?"

i hummed, hanging up before he could say a farewell.

i gripped onto the soft cotton blanket and wrapped myself into it, curling onto the couch. what felt like five minutes into my rest, a bang on the door awoken me in fright.

a few more bangs were heard and i flinched at each one, "niall horan open up!" i yawned, pulling my blanket with me towards the door. as i opened it i mumbled, "shut the fuck up lewis."

"oi! no swearing! and it's louis." i rolled my eyes as i turned around, almost tripping. he snickered quietly and i continued walking towards the bedroom.

"the boys in the car?" i turned slightly, seeing him nod. "yeah, they said to make it quick too."

great. i told him to pack sweaters, and sweats. in the middle of packing he ripped off my blanket and i whined. "lou, i need that!"

he hushed me and i crossed my arms. getting up i pull on a thicker sweater and jeans.

"alright horan, say goodbye, and lets go."

"this forest is haunted louis, why the fuck are we camping here?" liam forced out in a rush, the road signs already flashing more than enough warnings.

"for gods sake liam! you're a man! stop being childish!" and the car was silenced.

harry sighed, "anyone want to hear the stories about asura?" i turned to him, "asura? i thought it was catherine." harry laughed, "you know the stories?" i shook my head.

"well keep it shut and you'll see."

i glared at him playfully, pulling myself into a comfortable position as he started.

"asura. formally named catherine. both meaning pain, torture.. and death. the forest of blood is what the natives in the area called it. during fall the leaves turned pure red, and so was blood.

a family that moved in near the town, known as catherine, was exploring. they were friendly.. as one man said, but many others said one of them were different.

the father. described as tall, and built. his frame was wide and lithe. dark hair and strong features. like an animal already, as the survivors described him when they reported it. one fall, when the leaves changed color, the new family had lost their father and son in the woods, as they had gone fishing one evening, and had been missing for hours.

after losing hope of looking for them, a piercing screech was heard within the depths of forest catherine. the elders went after it, knowing the land better than the family. as they came upon the sight, gasps were shared.. because upon their eyes laid the body of annaise, the beloved daughter of the town's leader's. "

i was deep in thought after that story, "is that all?" and harry shook his head, "no, but we are entering already. maybe tonight by the fire i'll finish alright?"

i nodded, still thinking about it. "niall, hey, you okay? it's just a story. for fun you know? don't let it trip you up okay?" i sighed, agreeing with him.

"harry i think you just scared the shit out of liam, look at 'im! he looks frightened!" louis laughed, pulling into a deep road, trees covering each side.

"you said the trees turned a deep red, why are these green?" i asked, looking at harry. he hummed, then pointed to the front of the range rover, "look ahead."

i turned my eyes and gasped. forest catherine.. is real. well, asura.. forest asura is real. the brilliant red stood stark against the gray sky and the black birds flying above it.

i turned my head, jumping in fright as i thought i saw something dark stare at me. i shrugged it off, maybe a bear. harry looked amazed, already pulling out his camera.

the car came to a stop, in a almost vacant parking lot, "lads... welcome.. to freedom!" louis exclaimed, as we all stepped out.

++

i couldn't wait for january
so here's the first chapter :)

thoughts?
vote. comment.

-softlou x