TWO

|NIALL|

we all looked around, our luggage weighing us down. i walked towards the cars that had leaves covering them. it was almost like they have been here for years. the expired dates on their car stickers giving me the approval of no one anytime soon will be coming back to get the vehicle.

i walked towards the main building looking for anyone, seeing hundreds of missing people reported, the desk filled with files of people who haven't been seen in the past weeks.. even months.

i caught a glimpse of movement and averted my eyes towards the direction, already seeing what seemed to be a policeman talking to the boys. i walked towards them, joining the group into the lecture.

"-ought to make the most of it 'ere boys. most folks tellin me they be 'ere for a week. i guess they lost their way or somethin, been lookin 'round eryday but i'd come up empty. good luck out there boys." the officer looked towards me, and i noticed his eyes lighten up, a slight smirk on his lips.

i cleared my throat, "w-what happened to the people?"
the man looked at me his eyes alight with mischief and humor, "dunno.. if you happen to find any, get curly 'ere to pull at that radio and give me a holler. i'll report 'em back to camp," i nodded my head and looked at him, as he paused.

"some advice is.." he trailed off, his eyes holding contact with mine. his stare felt murderous and i got a cold prickly feeling. almost like i was being watched from all around me.

"if anything chases you... run." he smiled, turning around and walking back into his building.

"freak." louis mumbled, and i laughed. "i agree with you on that!" harry smacked louis on his head, "leave that poor man alone! he may save your life one day."

i rolled my eyes, and louis laughed, "more like ruin it! he's already got his eyes on nialler over here, never know lads.. niall may be his next victim!" he said and i shook my head, "your such a dumbass sometimes."

liam scoffed, "more like all the time."
we all laughed except for louis and continued to walk meters away from the blood red leaves.

my first step into the forest and my emotions were everywhere. i didn't know if i wanted to smile, cry, or scream. everything seemed deadly still. the only movement coming from us. i saw harry pull out his camera, snapping a few pictures.

as he and i got caught up with the beautifully taken photos i bumped into liam, causing him to jump in fright. "shit! niall, don't do that!" i laughed, "shut it payno."

louis saw a perfect clearing and bolted for it, we stood still, and slowly watched as he tripped over the huge stump he tried to jump over. we all laughed loudly until a huge echo of snaps were heard. "louis?" liam asked, as he walked over.

liam walked closer, slowly but surely. as he moved to look over louis popped up "boo!" and liam shrieked falling over on his bum. we all laughed again as i walked over to help liam up. "okay guys leave poor liam alone."

"that's how i came outta the womb you know?" louis joked, and i rolled my eyes. "yeah, quick and painful!" liam groaned. "i just slipped out yanno?" and louis went on and on over his bullshit story he got harry hooked on.

i pulled off louis' bag, pulling out the tent and allowing liam to do all the work, since he's known how to do this from his past. "hey niall, what was that huge crash by the way?" louis asked, as he sat on a fallen tree. i looked at him, then turned to harry who also looked confused. "we thought it was you." i replied and louis put on a fake look of horror.

"oh no.. guys... i think- i think it was the killer!" he screamed and we all told him to hush. "calm down for once lou, we need to set up our tent and sitting area!" liam complained.

louis shrugged, keeping his seat on the tree. liam sighed, getting ready the second tent. harry had went for wood and i sat next to louis, feeling him run his small hand through my hair. "you keep me calm." louis whispered, and i opened my eyes looking up at him, "what?"

louis blushed, "nothing."

as nightfall came upon us, i pulled out the lighter ripping a piece of paper from harry's journal and lighting it up, tossing it in our makeshift fire place. i sat next to liam this time, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"want me to finish that story niall?" harry asked, over a mouth filled with marshmallows. i nodded, my eyes looking upon the flames.

the beauty only beginning in the pain.

++

as you can see, it's very easy going for now.
just wait.

happy new year!

vote. comment.
-softlou x