THREE

|NIALL|

harry took a round full of blankets, as we all settled around, "now.. where did i end this off?" and i thought for a bit. "you left it when the town leader's found their daughter annaise."

harry hummed remembering it, "alright alright. lets keep going then shall we?" i nodded eagerly as louis replied a 'why not' and liam cuddled into me closer.

"as the town leader's eyed upon their dead daughter they immediately thought about the many wolves hunting during the season. but later they had found bruises upon her body. still in the forest, they had plan to catch the father and son to confront them.

hour by hour they searched, yet these people didn't know that as each hour dragged on, so did the lives who were loyal to these town elders. the mother was soon trapped, she had been dragged into the evil hands of her own family. too blinded by the need and rage of impunity her son had killed his mother. the father had came upon the sight and raged revenge,

attracting the attention of the town's people. no one was able to survive the hands of those two men. but the father was the most powerful of the two. ever since the death of two beloved women, the remaining survivors had called this asura's forest..

where torture and death had been cursed upon them. and till this day forward the legend and stories pass on for generations to learn..

never enter forest asura alone."

liam had been too afraid and fallen asleep during the story. i nudged him by my shoulder and told him to go in the tent and sleep. louis was on his phone, playing some video game while chewing on gum. i tilted my head.. so many questions.

"harry.. how do you know so much about this?" he shrugged, "i had a friend whose grandfather had lived through it, i also searched it up and there was a huge case on it. i know more about this forest than i do my own family."

i laughed, "do you think it's okay if i ask a few questions?" he nodded, "sure."

"how did these people live here? like.. how did they find this place?"

harry hummed, "i think they were from india.. or had some secret group that practiced hinduism and buddhism." i nodded.

i wanted to know so much, but there was not one question that seemed... eligible. "did they ever find the missing father and son?" harry shook his head, "some say they still walk these very woods, it was ages ago and i doubt they would be alive but.. you never know."

"are there more stories?" i asked, picking a marshmallow and poking it onto the stick, roasting it by the fire. "yeah, but that's later. it's almost midnight. let's sleep."

i nodded, carrying myself into the tent liam was in. if there was anything to try and attack us, i know liam would be the best for defense. we were all lucky for our many portable chargers and laptops fully charged.

i looked up at the tent, soft snores leaving liam's mouth, and the sounds outside mixing greatly. i sighed, turning on my phone, the digital numbers flashing across my screen.

|03:23|

sighing i got up, the fire barely lit as the dark forest swallowed me in.

i heard snaps of the leaves, towards my left, the feeling of being watched suddenly came over me. i crawled back into the tent knowing whatever was there.. wasn't for a good chat.

the sounds got louder, as it neared our tent i stayed still, my breathing almost non existent. a loud snore rang out and i almost fainted, hoping whoever or whatever was out there left. a huge crack came out of nowhere and i screamed, waking liam up.

he bolted up, as he heard my screaming, asking what was wrong. another crash sounded and he froze from terror. we both looked at each other as a faint high pitch scream echoed in our ears.

not thinking, we both ran out and towards louis and harry's tent. my eyes met with something towering. i felt tears gather in my eyes and gasped, as i felt something tug on my arm. liam was in front of me and i didn't want to know what had caught me.

liam noticed i wasn't around, and he turned, his eyes frightened. "l-li-liam.." i breathed out, a whimper escaping my lips. "niall? niall listen to me, don't scream and don't turn around. close your eyes and everything will be okay." he looked around and as i felt my eyes shut, the pressure on my arm intensified. another faint voice in this forest called for attention.. from pain. when i opened my eyes,

i screamed.

++

hmm, that will do great wonders.

thoughts?
vote. comment.

-softlou x