Chapter 8 The Party!

Soon Dan left the place with bit insecurity as Rose was alone with Neon.
Neon was standing there, as usual calm and quiet. But Rose was somewhere lost. She was looking at the crowd. All the ladies and gentlemen were holding their goblet full of alcohol. Some were having orange juice and soft drinks. The atmosphere was really intoxicated.
Rose's attention was soon grabbed by an small kid who was unable to move because of holding a big round plate full of food. She looked at him and a big smile took over her beautiful lips.
She went near him and helped him to settle down in a table with his foods. The kid and Rose both were talking and laughing. Neon was standing near them and he was stuck at the place as if he was frozen. He was frozen in the innocency of Rose.
Neon's P.O.V
Wow! She is so pretty, so innocent. I am impressed with the way she got friendly with the kid. Seems like she is really very good at heart. I wish I could be the kid. God, please let me have Rose as my life partner and I promise I will never ask for anything else to you.

Rose remembered that Neon was with her. She looked around and found Neon standing exactly back to her. She walk to Neon and asked him what happened to him , he said that the kid was cute so he was adoring him. Although it was great lie. Rose just ignored it. Then the announcement was made for the couple dance.

Dan was coming to Rose suddenly he was hold from the back. He looked back and found Sofia standing there. She immediately hugged him and thank him for the invitation. She was looking nothing less than a witch. Dan was confused about the invitation, after sometime he realized that it was no other than his dad who invited her.
He broke the hug and was about to go when he saw that Neon was holding Rose's hand both were heading to the stage for dance. Without saying anything he also hold Sophia's hand and went near the stage.
Rose's P.O.V
Oh! God, where is Dan? I want him to dance with me. What the heck is he doing? And Neon wants to dance with me. I just can't refuse him, how innocently he asked me for a dance. God, I just hope that Dan doesn't misunderstand me. I was waiting him but he didn't come.
After taking a long breath she whispered, " Where are you, Dan?" Just then Neon asked, "Did you say anything?" She nodded in a no.

After few seconds the music started , the first track was 'A Thousand Years'
Both the couple were just standing in front of each other. Dan took Sophia's hand on his shoulder and put his hand on her waist. He was trying to show that he was very comfortable with her although he wasn't.
Neon and Rose took their first step. All the time Rose was looking at Dan with apologizing eyes and his eyes were filled with hatred. The dance was completed. Rose got down from the stage same did Dan. Neon got a call and he had to go. Sophia was dancing with another guy.
Dan walked off leaving Rose who was eagerly waiting to clear the misunderstanding. All these matter was not unnoticed by Dan's dad. He was very worried about Dan. He went to him,hold his hand and took him out of the crowd. He said ," Dan, what is going on? I mean did I teach you all this? Are you jealous? Jealous of that nerdy boy and that girl? Why aren't you answering my questions?
Dan answered putting all his courage in his tone, "Dad, I like her."
His dad gave him a blank look because he was confused, how to react.
With lots of love and regards to my readers.
#Spreadlove.