Chapter 12 The Dark Secrets of Life!

Dan and Rose were talking and laughing after the breakfast. At the very moment she got a call from A.I.C, informing that all the first year students have got an assignment for 50℅ Marks. To complete this assignment they need to go to France the next day and visit some of their Art Galleries. At the next moment Dan also got the same call. Both of them agreed for the assignment. They thought that the trip could be a great source for them to come closer. Dan asked Rose, " Rose you are coming, right?" Rose answered, " Yes. I think I should. What about you? " "Yah, sure. Why not?" Replied Dan.
Rose informed him with a concerned face, " Dan, actually tomorrow we need to go to France. My passport and Visa is ready because last month I renewed those. But still I need to make a lot of preparations. I need to take a bath after that I will have to go for shopping as well so I want to go home. Can you please drop me home? Or you can ask any of your drivers. " Dan who was admiring all her words, at last replied, " No problem! I will drop you at home. Come on let's go."
Soon both of them went. While Dan was driving the car Rose was staring him.
Rose's POV
Dan the more I look at you, the more I fell in love with you. Earlier, I used to think that you are a playboy but each passing day you are becoming more trustworthy. Do you love me? Oh! Please let know because now it's being tough for me to wait for a single day."
Her thoughts were soon broken by the hot voice she could hear, "Rose, we have reached your home. Hey are you daydreaming about boys?"Naughtily asked Dan. Rose replied," No Dan I don't dream of boys. Boys do that for me." Both of them got inside the house.
"By the way, what is your plan for New Year's eve? And by the time we will be back to Canada from France. So we can celebrate it together grandly."Said Dan excitedly while sitting on the sofa.
Soon Rose's face became pale and she lost all the happiness. She answered with a low tone," No Dan, I am sorry but I don't celebrate 31st night. I hate that day. It is the worst day of my life."
Dan insistingly told her, " Why it is the worst day of your life? Why don't you want to celebrate the new years day?" Rose please tell me the truth, tell me! " "Dan, I hate that day because my parents were killed by that betrayer." Before she could complete her sentence she realized that she was about to reveal the greatest truth of her life to him.
"Rose your parents were killed? Rose I told you all the truths about my life and my mom, but you didn't tell me anything about this. I thought you would like to share all your sorrows and happiness with this friend, but you kept me in darkness. Actually I am sorry, I thought you might have taken me as your best friend but I am wrong. Yah, why you have tell me we just met some days ago. So its OK Rose, its OK. After saying this emotional speech Dan stood up from the sofa, where Rose was also sitting and was about to go. Rose with no way left held his hand and broke her long silence," Dan, please don't get me wrong, I didn't tell you all this because I want you to be part of my happiness not sorrow. Please don't go like this living me alone. Except you I have no one in this world. "
Those words were like pins that were compressing in his heart. He could feel the real pain in her words.
He stopped, turned back and made a deal saying, " I will only stay back if you would tell me all the hidden truths of your life. "
Rose with an agreeable manner that conformed her decision proclaimed, " Alright I will tell you everything. Come and seat."
Dan walked forward and sat on the sofa. He was looking directly in her eyes and he saw tears in her eyes. She started and he was just staring.
"The painful truth of my life. I was only four days old when my parents were killed. My dad had a business of exporting fruits to the foreign countries. One of his friends also had a share in it. After seeing that it is profitable he deceived my dad and killed both of my parents. That's all, I was informed by my uncle. So, the truth that I have been hiding from you is, I am an orphan. "
Dan said to Rose,"I am really sorry to hurt you. But if your parents had died than who has raised you?"
"Dan, I was raised by my uncle. He gave me all kind if love and support, but last year he left me alone because of brain tumor. This house was his but he gave it to my name before death. " Answered Rose Percy.