I Thought It Was About Baseball

The Baseball Fued-1

Prologue- 

Here in our little Jersey town, population 20,000, it's simple: You're a Yankee or a Red Sox. 

Lemme explain this. This is one of the only towns in New Jersey that doesn't cheer for any other team, just the New York Yankees(Ew...) or the Boston Red Sox *cough* best team *cough*. And let me tell you the feud about the two is HUGE! I mean the adults, and parents have grown out of just talking about baseball and have become friends with those of the opposing team and the children are too young to seriously understand why it's so important. But it seems as soon as you hit 8th grade around here, the realization hits you. Hard. And I would know.  

Growing up I was best friends with Alex Rodriguez(Haha, yeah yeah his name is A-Rod) and he was a Yankee. Us being kids we didn't really know the difference and thought nothing that I cheered for red and the he cheered for navy. But when we hit 8th grade are friendship was ripped apart, but not just by the rivalry but by the fact that ALL the popular kids are Yankees. Anyone else that you know is either a nerd, skater, or an almost there kind of person. I'm an almost there kind of person, and I honestly don't care. It's really sad to see how divided the school is because of baseball teams, and how friendships and relationships are destroyed because of it. Yeah that's right, people aren't really dating outside their baseball teams. It's so stupid, and I wish that I could say that I tried to change all that but I hadn't.  

But then again, that's why Im writing this story. To tell you how I shook up the big baseball feud of the little town of Crestview, New Jersey. And all secrets that I found out along the way.  

Oh boy was I in for a surprise.

Chapter 1-  

"Danielle!" I heard David-one of my 5 older brothers- yell through my door.  

"Que?!" I yelled back still not getting out of my bed. I heard the door click open and I groaned. Suddenly I was cold as I felt my fleece blanket being ripped off my body. I was in a teeshirt and shorts and I was shivering. I sat up glaring at David's goofy grin plastered on his olive/caramel skin identical to mine. His eyes were just like dads:big and green. Doll-like I would describe them.  

"Yes, David?" I asked through gritted teeth.  

"TIME FOR SCHOOL BABY SISTER!" He exclaimed loudly. I groaned in annoyance and fell back on my bed. I was actually comfortable until I felt myself flung over someone's muscular shoulder.  

"DAVID!" I yelled in frustration as he went down the stairs. And let me tell you for a border line midget, now hanging about 6'3" off the ground it was a bit worrisome. Especially with my tiny fear of heights.  

"David put me down! I'm serious!" I cried just as we reached the kitchen. I found my other brothers Anthony, Daniel, Cristian, and Nicholas watching us with amused faces. They all looked alike with their green eyes, dark wavy hair, and olive/caramel skin. And not to mention they're freakish tall nature. And it may be weird to say that they're all good looking. My dad just shook his head with a smile as David sat me down in a stool. I huffed like a five year old child as Dad(An older and defiantly more mature version of the boys) placed a plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me. I couldn't help but smile at the food. Everyday since mom died when I was 5 he's been cooking and now at 16 1/2 (Yes I have to add that in there because my birthday is in about two months.) he has perfected his cooking skills.  

"Thanks Papi." I said scarfing down the meal.  

"Slow down Dannie!" Anthony demanded as I basically continued to inhale my breakfast. Anthony was the oldest of us at 21 years old. He still lived at home with us while he commuted to college about half an hour away. He also stood the tallest at about 6'5".