Chapter-8

The Baseball Feud-8

------------------ 

If I die young, bury me in satin

Lay me down on a bed of roses

Sink me in the river at dawn

Send me away with the words of a love song 

•If I Die Young-The Band Perry• 

------------------

Danielle~** 

I snuggled up closer to the best smelling pillow ever. I realized my pillow was moving up and down. I opened my eyes to find Alex sleeping peacefully under me. His arms were snaked around my waist protectively.  

He looked like an angel as we just lay there. His eyes were still closed, his breathing even and the early morning sunlight illuminated his face. I smiled as I realized I like laying there with him. It was comfortable, and I felt safer than I ever did with any of my brothers or Luke. As terrible as that may sound, it was true. I may always be protected by them but Alex just had the possessiveness and protective nature of a mate, and that made all the difference.  

He shifted under me breaking me from my thoughts. I looked up to find him rubbing his eye sleepily.  

"Morning." I whispered.  

He smiled,"Morning."  

I got out of the bed and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I brushed my teeth I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist.  

"Babe," Alex whispered in my ear making me shiver,"Let's go out today? Me, you and the ice rink?" He asked a slight feeling if hope came through his voice.  

I quickly rinsed my mouth and turned to him hoisting myself onto the marble counter of the sink. He stood in between my legs both of his hands on either side of me.  

"Me ice skating?" I raised a brow. "Alex, I trip over flat surfaces on two feet. Do really think that's a good idea?"  

Alex chuckled in amusement."You were a nationally ranked gymnast, and an MMA fighter. Yet you're the clumsiest girl I've ever known." his eyes danced with amusement as he pointed out these points."Plus, I'll catch you." he said seriously.  

I rolled my eyes,"Fine. I'll go with you. Pick me up at 6?"  

His face lit up in excitement when I agreed,"Yeah, sure." He pulled me in for a hug. As he did he touched my pack mark on my back.  

I gasped as I saw something flashing before me eyes.  

It was like a vision of some sort.

I saw my brothers, Luke and Alex standing with me in the middle of all them. Facing us was Jeffrey and his group smiling evilly at us.  

"One last chance to back down." He told us smugly.  

I growled in response and he shook his head. He lunged, shifting in mid-air to a red wolf. He jumped on Alec taking him by surprise not giving him anytime to shift. I shifted and rammed Jeffrey into a tree. I looked down to find Alex bleeding out and losing the life in his eyes. I shifted back and fell to my knees beside him.  

"Alex don't," I whimpered,"Don't leave me."  

My current line of vision came back.  

"Danielle!" I heard Alex cry. "Danielle what's happening?! I'm not leaving!"  

I realized that I had tears streaming down my face. I flung myself into Alex's arms clinging to him as if he would disappear.