A Brother (1)

I breezed through the air, my feathers blowing in the wind. Being a Phoenix did have its perks. I looked over the lands, my eyes changing colors as all Element Phoenix's eyes do, before, after, and in bird form.

They settled on a small town, and I dove down to the gate. I landed as pretty red haired woman, 19 years of age. I landed because of a familiar scent. This was no ordinary scent neither; it belonged to a person I had to let go of so many years ago.

Phoenixes' are all known for having great noses, and more so great magic and beautiful birds. As a Element Phoenix though, my magic was controlled by my emotions. I had to stay calm.

I neared the gate, and I eyed a face I hadn't seen since.... A long while back.

"Umm... I am looking for someone." I calmly said, though I knew who this was. His eyes meet mine. I could not stand those dark brown eyes, they knew and seen evil things.

"Well, do my eyes deceive me? K, was it? Been a while. Now, who you looking for? Could it be your brother or brothers?"Brian gazed at me.

I hope no one heard that

"Wow, I thought I could get past you, guess not. I'm looking for Dante, my brother. Does he live here?" I stood my ground. I had searched everywhere for Dante.

After the... incident when he was young, all I wanted to know was that he grew up to be a good man.

"Yeah, he does. Let me fetch Lady Aphmau, she will tell you where he is. Come on in, K." Brian opened the gate. He seemed different. But I knew he was hiding something, I could sense it.

"Got any luggage with you?" He asked. I could tell Brian was faking his hospitality.

"All I have is my weapons, clothes, and a little bit of food." I handed him my arrow bag, which was packed with an assortment of dull arrows, a few clothes, and a bit of old food that needed to be thrown out.

"Alright, wait here. Let me get the lady. Here is your stuff back." He handed me my back, and I slipped back over my shoulder.

This little village was quite the site. It was small, but had charm. It felt like the home I had been searching for. I heard voices coming. My heart started to beat.

What if Dante doesn't want me around, not after that day... I thought, and a wave of worry washed over me.

That's when I saw Dante. He was so grown up, it almost brought tears to my eyes. Heck, I almost didn't recognize him.

"K, this is Aphmau, Lord of Phoenix Drop. This is Dante, a new guard." Brian went back to the gates.

"Hello there, I'm Aphmau, and this is my guard Dante. It is a pleasure to meet you... umm... what was  your name?" Before I could speak, Dante spoke.

"K? Y-you..." He was tearing up, and I engulfed him in a hug. I let Dante go, and he backed up next to Aphmau.

"I always wonder what came of you after I sent you to that guard school. Well, now I know. A guard. Mother, Father, they would be proud. I know I am." I gave him a big smile, and he returned one.

"So, do you plan to stay long?" Dante asked
"Umm.. I don't know Dante. I just-"Aphmau cut me off.

"Of course you can stay! It is a pleasure to meet you K.  Say, how do you spell that? I know people have different ways of spelling names. Dante never told me he had a sister. You have a bow there, do you do archery?" She asked, her voice warm and caring.

"Yes, I do. I taught myself, kinda. I had a friend who had helped me a while back, but I doubt he is here. Anyways, is there like a tent or tree I could stay in?" I asked.

"Oh gosh no! You are more than welcomed to stay in the guard tower, or there are empty house by Kawaii Chan, and there is even room at my place." We began to walk around the village. It looked so beautiful up close.

"I would prefer to stay somewhere outside, until I get used to this place." I smiled and kept walking, sometimes glancing at Dante.

He is so grown up! I can't believe it's him. Didn't his hair used to be lighter?

I looked around, and a guard came up to Aphmau.

"Lady Aphmau, Zane, High Priest of O'kasis, is here for the wedding of Donna and Logan." A man said. I couldn't see his face because It was covered up by his worn out helm.

Zane is here?

"Thank you Garroth. Do you mind showing him to one of the empty houses? Me and Dante are taki-" I cut her off.

"I need to go rest. I will be by the docks if you need me!" I ran to the docks.

I wanted to spend more time with Dante, but after hearing Zane's and Garroth's names, I did not want to stay there. If anyone found out, about how Zane and Garroth and me were... family, I would be kicked out for sure! I had tried to settle in a few other villages, but having a father who is a so-called thief and a brother who kills anyone useless kind of put a bad reputation on the family name. No one gave me a chance to prove I wasn't like them.

As I neared the beach, I saw Zane, and heard a voice behind me.

"Didn't take you long to get here I see. I have your bed made, on the other side of the fire. I missed you, K." The stranger said, putting kindling into the fire.

I gazed at him, remembering the last time we saw each other.

"How did you know I would be here? And will Zane see me?" I questioned, sitting by my friend.

"I saw you flying high over earlier, and I knew it was you. And no, Zane nor Garroth will come over here, no one hardly ever does. Now, tell me about your travels."

He smiled. I sat by my bed, and explained how everything went. Zane walked past but didn't see me, but that's for the best.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave a comment if you like this first chapter, more to come soon. And don't forget to follow:) I really hope that you did like this chapter, and that you have a kinda good understanding of who K is and how she relates to the guys! More to come about her later on in the story! I will try and get this out as often as I can, so you don't miss any of all the action! Bye:)