I Want To Give Him A Chance

I pondered about the package for a while when Harper came back in. When he found the package of comics, he shouted in happiness. Then he read the card and thought for a moment.

"I want to give him a chance." he told me. I gave him a hug, tears threatening to fall.

"Just, please be careful." I said. Then I texted HTT. "We got the package. Harper's willing to give you a chance. If you are anyway out of hand with my son, you are going to find yourself back behind bars with a bail fee so high, your mother will never be able to get you out." Then he texted back,

"Thanks for giving me a chance. I know I'm not your favourite person right now, but I want to change for Harper." I put my phone away and started getting dinner ready. Then HTT called. i picked up the phone.

"What?" I asked, not even saying hello.

"I just wanted to ask if I could take Harper out for his birthday." He said.

"Where are going to take him?" I demanded.

"I was thinking about taking him to see the new Avenger's movie, then out for pizza, and maybe an arcade and ice cream. Is that good?" He asked me. I thought for a moment.

"I want to get a call every now and then from him. Just because I'm letting you spend time with him does not mean I trust you." I told him.

"I understand." he told me. "I'll be there to pick him up at five." Then he hung up. I went to Harper's room and told him, then began to wash the dishes so I could start getting dinner ready. When HTT came over, I checked his entire car for any ropes, or weapons, or anything that could hurt Harper. I found nothing but some empty fast food bags and an empty can of air freshener. Harper gave me a hug, then hopped in the car and HTT drove away with him. I went back in threw some macaroni in a pot, but I couldn't focus. I was too worried. Every few seconds I wondered if I should call. All of a sudden, I heard loud beeping, and Stampy yelling.

"WILLOW!" he shouted. "WILLOW! LOOK OUT!" I looked at the stove and saw that the macaroni had caught on fire! I ran over to the sink and grabbed a huge pot. I could see that Stampy was keeping Ben and Bella back. I then filled the pot with cold water and threw it over the fire, watching the steam rise high as the fire alarm kept beeping. Stampy ran over and turned off the fire alarm, then put his arms around me and leaned on his chest. "Harper is fine. I spoke to the Police Department. They got him a parole officer."

"I know." I whispered. "I'm just worried."