Chapter 2

Mary -

"T when is you gone stop playing and get with Tyrese?" I asked as I sat down on her bed. Since my mom and Taraji's mom was really close they allowed us to spend the night together. Me and Taraji had been best friends since the sand box. This was my bitch. I also knew that my brother Tyrese had a crush on her. The nigga practically loved her but she tried to act like she didn't notice it. I knew deep down T felt the same way about him.

"Mary I've told you me and Tyrese are just friends, besides I'm dating somebody," She said as she gave me her comb and sat down in front of me. I began parting her hair. "Come on T, get real Hill Harper is okay, but Tyrese Gibson is sexy as hell, and you know that," I said.

"Mary can you be quite and just oil my scalp," she yelled back. "Girl whatever you say," I replied. Just as I was about to say something else Taraji's door opened and it was Tyrese. "Hey bro!" I yelled. "Hey sis, hey T, your mom let me in, I brought you and Mary some snacks," he said holding up a big bag full of junk. "Oh my god! Thanks Ty!" Taraji said as she took the bag and kissed his cheek. I saw how his eyes lit up, and he blushed. I wish Taraji would dump Hill and get with Tyrese. Hill didn't really respect her like I thought he should.

"Mary I'm going to the bathroom," she said. Ty sat down on the bed next to me. "Did you ask her?" He asked. "Yeah but she's seeing somebody Ty, I'm sorry," I said. I watched as his head went down. "It's cool sis don't trip about it, you coming to the game this weekend?" He asked. "Yeah, you know I have to support El," I said.

"Alright sis, I'm gone go catch up with Kelly and see what she up too," he replied. "Okay bro," I said. I hated Kelly's ass too. She was okay, but I knew Taraji and Tyrese belonged together. I knew Kelly had a major crush on Tyrese and has been trying to get with him since she found out Taraji was with Hill. Taraji came back in the room and sat back down on the floor.

"Where did Tyrese go?" She asked. "He left and went to go with Kelly," I said. "Oh Kelly, you mean Kelly Rowland from the drama club," Taraji asked. "Yeah why I thought you were dating Hill?" I asked as I started backing oiling her scalp. " I am I just asked you a question Mary," she replied. I knew T was jealous and she didn't like Ty with Kelly, why she was playing games? I don't know.

"Mmmmm okay Taraji," I replied.

*********

Taraji -

Kelly? Really?! I was fuming inside when Mary said that Ty was going to see Kelly. Yes I was jealous, and didn't want him around her. I hated her. I saw how she acted around him. I knew she only wanted him because she found out I was with Hill. I'll admit that yes I love Tyrese, I have loved him since we were kids but I didn't know how he truly felt about me. I didn't wanna give him my heart for nothing.

Me and Hill were good friends, but our relationship wasn't going the way I thought it would. I honestly thought Tyrese would save me, and let me know how he felt about me. The minute he did that I would leave Hill instantly, but he's chasing hoes like Kelly. I guess maybe Tyrese wasn't interested in me. I wiped the tear that was about to fall from my eye.

I jumped as I felt the sting of the comb hitting my shoulder. "Ouch!" I yelled as I jumped back. "Girl I've been calling your ass for the last five minutes, what's wrong?" Mary asked. "Nothing I was thinking about something," I replied. "Who Tyrese ?" She asked. "No girl something else,"

"Mm yeah okay Taraji whatever you say... Did you order the pizza?" She asked. "Yeah I did it should be here in fifteen," I replied.

I went ahead and put two braids in my hair and pinned them up with Bobby pins. I grabbed the remote and entered my Netflix account. "What you wanna watch,?" I asked as I got comfortable on my side of my bed. Mary grabbed the snacks Ty bought and got comfortable on her side. "Girl lets watch Twilight or Harry Potter," she said. "Harry Porter or Twilight ain't on here, Juice on here you wanna watch that?"

"Girl yeah I love me some Tupac," she replied. Just as the movie started the door bell rung. We paused it went downstairs. It was the pizza guy. I paid for our pizza and then we went back up stairs. Mary grabbed the plates, and napkins while I grabbed the Pepsi. Halfway through the movie Mary started talking. "T, be honest with me,"

"About what?" I asked. "Are you in love with Tyrese?"