Chapter 17

Mary -

Tears fell down my eyes as I limped out of the abortion clinic. I couldn't even explain all the pain I felt. No, not the pain from having a stranger stick a metal tool in between your legs, but seeing my fetus in trash can. It scared the living day lights out of me and I felt like a bad person. I had just took someone's life. I couldn't think straight as I forced myself to walk to the bus stop.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Elgin's number hoping he would pick me up, but of course it went straight to voicemail, twice. I called Tyrese to see if he could come but he didn't answer neither did Taraji. I took a deep breath as I called the one person who I said I would never speak to ever again. My mother. My hands began to shake as I typed her number in my key pad.

I sighed in relief as her number began to ring. I thought for sure she had disconnected it. "Hello?" My mother answered in a sleepy voice. I knew she wouldn't get up to come get me now. "Hello?" She said again. I couldn't form any words so I hung up.

I began walking until I heard somebody call my name. "Mary! Mary!" I turned around and saw my Jamaican, friend Kendu from my Gym class. "Hey," I said nervously.

"How are you," he asked in the most sexiest accent. "I'm fine, I guess," I said weakly. "Is something wrong?" He asked. "Yeah, I need to get home," I said. "Come on I give ride," he smiled. "No that's okay, I don't have any money to give you for gas," I said.

"Did I ask for gas money? No, so come on," he said. I tried to walk and I nearly fell over. "Here let me help you," he said as he picked me up bridal style. I leaned more into him and he smelled so good.

When he smiled I smiled. He had the prettiest white teeth, that I had ever seen in a while. He walked over to his car and helped me get inside. Once he saw that I was okay, he got in and drove off. "Are you hungry?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine," I replied. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I'm fine honestly," I laughed. "You have very pretty smile," he said. I couldn't help but blush. "Thank you," I replied.

"So where am I taking you?" He asked. "To my boyfriends house," I replied. "Alright," he replied dryly. After I gave directions the rest of the ride was silent.

We made it to Elgin's house and of course he was standing outside laughing and entertaining two bitches. "Is that your boyfriend?" He asked. "Unfortunately," I replied. "You could do much better," he replied. "Yeah," I replied.

He got out the car and I watched as Elgin turned around too see who was getting out the car. I smiled when he saw Kendu carry me up the stairs. "Why the fuck you carrying my girl bruh?" Elgin asked with a perplexed look.

Kendu never replied he just walked in and sat me down on the couch. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine I-"

"Yo I'm talking to you bruh, you don't just walk up in my crib fa real, I'll bust a cap in yo ass," Elgin said as he squared up to Kendu. "Elgin sit yo ass down somewhere," I replied.

"Mary shut yo ass up man for real, yo ass disrespectful," he said. "Yo brother why you wasting time getting mad with me, you should be taking care of her, she can barely walk, what type of man lets his girl hop on and off on the bus?" Kendu said as he walked towards the door.

"See you around Mary," he smiled. "Bye Kendu, thanks a lot," I replied. Kendu walked out the door and Elgin continued to look at me not once saying anything. I shook my head, as I grabbed a magazine off the table.

I watched as Elgin grabbed his keys and left. A tear fell down my face. I couldn't believe that he didn't bother to ask me if what was wrong, he wasn't even concerned about me or how I felt, or what I was feeling. I shook my head and wiped my eyes. I tried to get up and I instantly fell down. I cried as a bolt of pain jolted through my body. I couldn't get up even if I tried. I laid there and grabbed my phone from my pocket. I called the first person I could think of. Kendu.