Chapter 13

Tyrese -

Today me and T went prom shopping again. My momma had been working double shifts at the restaurant just so I could buy everything that Taraji wanted. I wanted prom night to be night that she would never forget. I even started cutting grass, and cleaning people's houses just to save up money. I would do anything to keep that pretty on Taraji's face.

We made it to the mail and I went to go look for my white tux. I tried on three suits and finally settled for this one Calvin Klein tuxedo. "You look handsome," Taraji said smiling from ear to ear. She stepped out in her gold dress and I was speechless. She looked amazing. "Wow, you look beautiful baby," I said as I looked her up and down. "You mean it?" She asked. "Hell yeah, I mean it. You gone look better than any of those hoes," I said.

"Aww thank you baby, come on I'm ready to eat," she said. "Like always baby," I chuckled. After I paid for her dress and my tux we went to the food court. She insisted on buying our food since I paid for our clothes. I was sitting down scrolling through my phone when both Norma and Kelly walked up.

"Hey Tyrese you here by yourself?" Kelly asked. "Nah I'm here with my girl," I replied as I looked back down at my phone. "Who?" Norma asked. "Taraji," I said. "Since when have you guys been dating?" She asked. "For awhile now, look in not in the mood for now bs so can y'all please leave?" I asked. Norma rolled her neck and stormed off. Kelly followed.

"Why them hoes always around you Tyrese?" Taraji asked as she placed our food down. "I don't know baby but I made sure them bitches left you ain't gotta worry about them T, you the only one I want I swear," I said as I pecked her lips.

"I better be," she said as she took one of my chicken nuggets. I chuckled and started eating my food. T sat down next to me and I wrapped one of my arms around her waist. Every now and then she kept reaching over and stealing my fries. "Baby why you eating my food?" I asked with an attitude. "Boy hush, i can eat off your plate," she said as she took another fry.

"No you can't man," I replied. "You won't let your girlfriend eat your food?" She whined. "Nope," "I can't stand you Tyrese for real," she said as she smacked me in the head. I smacked her thigh and she let out a moan. "Girl stop nah," I chuckled. "Boy you irritates my soul," she laughed. "Whatever man, we need to check up on Mary and El we ain't seen them niggas in a minute and El wasn't at school yesterday," I said.

"Come on let's go over to El's apartment I think Mary's over there," Taraji said as she grabbed her purse and phone. "Iight let me throw this trash away," I said.

Once I threw out the trash we got in the car and made our way to El's apartment. I pulled up and cut the engine down. Me and T walked up the stairs and rung his doorbell. After waiting ten minutes Mary answered the door. She looked bad like she had been crying non stop. Her hair was all over her head, and her clothes were dirty.

"Girl what's wrong with you, and were is El?" T said as we walked into his crib. Trash was scattered everywhere. "He went to the store," Mary said as she plopped down on the couch. She started rocking back and forth. "Mary tell me what's wrong," T said. "Nothing," Mary said with a huge smile on her face.

"Okay Mary you scaring me, and you need a shower, you need your hair done come on!" T yelled as she yanked Mary off the couch. "Baby I'm gone knock these dishes out and take this trash out," I said. "Okay baby I'm about to help her in the tub," Taraji said.

I turned on El's stereo and Ego Death's song Gabby began to play. I gathered all the garbage and took it out. I wondered where in the hell El's dumb ass was at. I began washing the dishes, and cleaning the kitchen. El owe me big time for this shit.

Taraji -

I helped Mary into the tub she began washing her body so I closed the shower curtains to give her some privacy. "Mary which one of these tooth brushes are yours?" I asked. "The red one," she replied. I put her tooth brush out along with some mouth wash.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked as I pulled out the flat irons. "I'm... Im pregnant," she said. "Really, oh my God, what did El say?" I asked. "Honestly Taraji I haven't seen him since I told him," she said . "What the fuck? How did he react when you told him?" I asked. "I told him I was getting an abortion, I saw all those college acceptance letters that he got and I didn't want to ruin things for him," she sobbed.

"Bitch I outta fuck you up, if you want to keep your child you should, don't let that shit determine whether or not you should keep your child. I wish Tyrese would," I said as I applied my lipstick.

"Bitch you and Tyrese together ain't y'all?" She asked. "Yes we are," I said. "For how long?" She asked. "Three months," I said. "I outta fuck you up for hiding that from me," she said. "I know I know, I was hiding things from everybody, I was hiding my feelings from Ty for a while, but girl he's amazing he treats me like a queen," I said.

"I wish I could say the same about El, he's confusing the hell out of me. He told me he didn't want me to get an abortion and then I haven't heard from him in a week. I've been going crazy," she said as she turned off the water.

"Mary I'm going to be honest El needs his ass kicked. He needs to sit down and tell you how he feels, he shouldn't be putting you through all this stress," I said as I handed her a towel.

"I know," she replied. "Mary when we get dressed let me know so I can do your hair," I said as I stepped out the bathroom. Ty was in the kitchen cooking. "How Mary doing?" He asked as he gave me a peck on the lips. "She'll be fine I'm about to do her hair, she needs to take her meds and eat I can't believe she's pregnant," I said.

"Damn, I'm gone fuck El ass up for leaving her like this," he said as he took the fried chicken out the grease. "Trust me he gone get fucked up, but she wants me to go with her to get this abortion," I said.

"You going?" He asked. "Of course that's my Bestfriend I'm gone be by her side through thick and thin," I said. "Iight baby, let me finish this food," he said. "K," I went back into the bathroom and Mary was fully dressed. She was washing her face. Once she was done she brushed her teeth, and then put her dirty clothes in her hamper.

"Have you told your mom?" I asked. "Yeah she told me I couldn't come back until the baby was gone," Mary said with her head down. "Well you know if you wanna get out of here you can come to my house," I said as I gave her a hug. "Thanks T," she smiled.

"Okay now sit down," I said as I turned the flat irons on. I parted Mary's hair, and started flat ironing it. I gave her a few curls and then I wrapped her hair. "Mary you can come eat!" Ty yelled.

While Mary went to eat I cleaned the bathroom. Then I went and made sure the room was clean for her. I went into the kitchen and Ty wrapped his arms around my waist. I grabbed a piece of chicken and began eating. He kissed my neck and I pecked his lips.

"Don't be getting freaky up in here," Mary smirked. Me and Ty both laughed. Once Mary was done eating i made sure she took her pills and then helped her in bed. I turned on the tv for her. "Mary you sure you gone be okay by yourself tonight?" I asked. "Yeah I'm gone be fine," she said. "Okay well me and Ty is about to leave call me if you need me," I said. "K," she replied.

After Ty put up the food, we turned off the lights, locked the door and left. I was so heartbroken and I felt bad for her. She put her all into this man just for him to leave her when she needed him the most. "You coming over my house tonight?" He asked. "Yeah," I replied.

Once we got to his house we took a shower together, and then we cuddled. I couldn't sleep as I thought about Mary being all alone and El gone. I looked at Ty and listened as he peacefully slept. I kissed his neck and he stirred in his sleep.

"Tyrese," I whispered. "Yeah baby I'm trying to sleep," he mumbled as he cuddled closer to me. I took my finger and traced his tattoos. "If I get pregnant are you going to leave me too?" I asked. I couldn't help the tears that began falling down my eyes. "No baby you know dam well I'm gone be right there, I'm gone try my best to get a job and make sure you and our child is alright. And best believe when I see El I'm fucking him up. Mary is like a sister to me, and I hated to see her hurt today. He always talking about how much he love her and need her but I would never do you like that baby I promise," he said. I stared into his eyes and knew he was telling the truth. I gave him a long lingering kiss. I rubbed my nose against his and he gave me another peck on the lips. "Mmmm I love you so much baby," he said as he sucked on my neck. "I love you too baby," I replied. "How much?" He asked. "More than anything in this whole wide world baby," I said as I stared into his eyes. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me in from another kiss. I swear I don't know why I wanted to keep him a secret.