Chapter 6

Tyrese -

I was bored as hell in this movie with Kelly, I should have ditched her and went over Taraji's house. Wasn't nothing funny about this lame ass movie. The only reason I didn't say anything was because I didn't wanna hurt Kelly's feelings. I was too nice sometimes I admit, but I couldn't help it that's how mama raised me. After the movie me and Kelly went to dinner and then we took a walk in the park.

"Uhm Tyrese can I be honest with you?" She asked. "Yeah Kelly sure?" I said. "I know you love Taraji, I see it in your eyes every time you look at her. And I'm not mad I'm happy for you, I think she feels the same way but is just afraid to say it, I honestly have to tell you that we shouldn't be doing this. I mean I'm in love with my ex Cornell and your in love with Taraji. I think we should just be friends," she said.

"I was thinking the same thing I just didn't wanna hurt you," I said. "Tyrese, all you had to do was speak your mind, and I'll be honest I was doing a little bit more to make her jealous. I mean I'm honestly jealous of Taraji she's beautiful, and she has a lot going for herself," she said with her head down.

"Don't be jealous of her, your just as beautiful with an amazing voice, I'm sure Cornell will open his eyes and see your beauty," I said. "Awe thanks Ty your amazing," she said as she gave me a hug. I hugged her back. "Come on let me take you home," I said as we walked to my car. I was glad that happened, but I know deep down Taraji ain't gone let Hill go.

******

Mary -

"El hurry up and cut the pizza I'm hungry," I said as I plopped down on his couch. After his mom kicked him out his uncle helped him get a one bedroom studio apartment. He had to keep up his grades in order to keep living there. That was hard for El's ass considering the fact that he had a 2.2 GPA, El was smart as a whip but he was lazy he never applied himself.

"Baby chill okay don't be rushing me girl," he said as he handed me my plate. He gave me a bag of chips and a Pepsi. He plopped down and grabbed the remote. "What we watching baby?" He asked. "Oh you letting me choose this time?" I asked. "yeah," he laughed. "Let's watch Coach Carter that's my movie," I said as I got comfortable on the couch. I wasted no time diving into my pizza and hot wings.

Just as the movie started El's phone rung. "Answer that baby," he said. I grabbed his phone and Samantha flashed on his screen. I answered it. "Hello, who is this?" I asked with an attitude. "Is Elgin there?" She asked. "Yeah but may I ask who you are?" I asked. "El knows who I am, tell him that I need my two hundred dollars for this abortion!" She yelled as she hung up.

I instantly took my hand and slapped the shit out of him. "Man what the fuck was that for?" He asked with a stupid look on his face.
"Who the fuck is Samantha Elgin?" I asked as I stood up with my arms crossed.

"What?" He asked. "Don't play with me El who the fuck is Samantha?" I asked as I pushed him. "Man watch who the fuck you putting yo hands on!" He yelled as he pushed me back. "Who the fuck is Samantha! You cheating on me! Huh! Answer me!" I yelled as I started punching his chest. "Mary calm down baby," he said.

I slapped him in the face and he sucked his teeth. "Mary, come on baby," "save it, take me home!" I yelled. "No man, I need you to sit down and listen to me!" He yelled. "No, I'll call Ty," I said as I grabbed my phone. "Baby come on!" He yelled back. "Fuck you, I hope you and Samantha have a great life!" I yelled as I threw on my coat and charged out the door. I called Ty and he answered on the first ring. "Yeah sis what's up?" He asked. "Can you please take me home?" I sobbed as I stepped outside. "Sis what's wrong?" He asked. "Please Ty just come pick me up," I sobbed. "Okay sis I'm on my way," he said. I hung up and tied my boots. I couldn't describe the pain I felt in my heart. "Baby," El said as he grabbed my arm. "Don't touch me," I said as I yanked my arm. "Mary please talk to me," he said. "fuck you, I'm done don't talk to me ever again!" I yelled as I threw off his ring. I sat back down and rocked back and forth, my hands were shaking. I didn't bother to wipe the tears from my eyes. I just let them fall. "Mary I know you don't mean that, so I'll call you tomorrow okay?" He said. I ignored him and stared straight ahead. When Ty pulled up I ran to the car and got in. Taraji was in the front seat. "Sis what's wrong?" She asked. "I don't wanna talk right now," I replied. "Ty we going to my house," t replied. "Okay,"

******

Taraji -

"When we got to my house I got started back on cooking. Mary went upstairs to change her clothes. I was making garlic bread and hamburger helper. I fixed our plates and we sat down to eat. "T, my mama just called me I gotta bounce," Ty said as he grabbed his coat. "Okay big head," I replied. He gave me a peck on the lips and then he gave Mary a hug and left.

"Y'all fucking ain't y'all?" Mary smirked. I threw a pillow at her. "No bitch we ain't, now is you gone tell me what the fuck is up?" I asked. "I was over El's apartment when his phone rung, some bitch named Amber called him talking about she needed her money for her abortion, I looked at him and knew she was telling the truth, I can't believe him," she said.

"What the fuck, I know you went off," I said. "Girl yes but I'm just so numb right now, I know he did this because I wasn't giving it up, maybe this is my fault," she sobbed. "Bitch I outta slap the shit outta you, what the fuck you mean this your fault, if that nigga really loved you he would have been faithful," I said.

"I know but, I love him so much," she started crying. I grabbed her into my arms. "Mary I love you so much sis, but if Elgin won't value you and wait for you, then you don't need him," I said as I wiped away her tears. "I love you T," she said. "I love you too Mary," I honestly did, this was my sister for life and I swear I was gone kill Elgin.