Chapter 12

Taraji -

I couldn't believe Tyrese wanted to breakup. I did everything he asked me too and he still wasn't satisfied. I wanted to call him and curse him out, but then again I wanted to call him and tell him I was sorry. I missed him and I needed him. I wanted him to hold me and kiss me. I wiped the tears that fell from my eyes. I was lost without Tyrese. He was my everything and I messed it up. I decided that tomorrow I would talk to him.

Mary -

I was sitting at El's kitchen table trying to finish my Biology homework when I instantly ran to throw up. "Baby you okay?" He asked as he came to help me.

"Yeah," I said as I wiped my mouth and started brushing my teeth. "You think it was something you ate?" He asked. "I don't know I didn't really eat much," I said. "You pregnant?" He asked. "El no we've been using condoms so I shouldn't be," I said as I went to the fridge and poured myself some ginger ale. "Baby I think you should just take the test to be sure," he said. "Okay El if you say so," I said.

"I'm going to the store up the street to go get a couple tests," he said. "Alright, bring me back a pickle and some hot chips," I said. "He looked at me with the side eye. I grabbed the remote and plopped down on the couch. El had papers hanging out his notebook. Being nosey I picked one up. It was an acceptance letter to Howard University.

I flipped through his other papers and he was also accepted to Morehouse, Georgia State, University of Michigan, and Iowa state. I prayed to God that I wasn't pregnant. Elgin had so much going for himself and i know a baby would hinder it.

When he came back I took the tests and sure enough I was pregnant. Tears began to fall down my eyes as I laid down on the bathroom floor. "Mary!" El yelled as he banged on the door. I didn't bother opening it. I rocked back and forth as I let the tears fall down my face. How could I be pregnant? I never had sex with Elgin without a condom. I didn't know how I was going to tell my mother or how I was going to tell my father.

I wiped my eyes and put the test in my pocket. I unlocked the door and went into the kitchen. "So?" El asked. "I'm pregnant, but don't worry I'm getting an abortion," I said. "What? Why?" He asked. "Because El, I want you to go to college, I want you to live out all your dreams, I don't want a baby to hold you back," I said.

"Baby come on, why would you say that shit, a baby wouldn't hurt me at all," he said. "Yeah well Monday after school me and T is going to the clinic. I'm going to get the abortion," I said. "Mary can you please think about this first," he said. "El what the hell do I need to think about, I'm broke, your broke, we don't have any income. How can we raise a child, plus I want to go to college," I said.

"I do to but if we tried baby we could do this," he said. "El get out of lala land, and get serious, were not capable of raising a child," I said.
"Whatever, man," he said as he grabbed his coat and left. I shook my head and went to go get in his bed. I cuddled under the covers and let my tears fall down my eyes. I wanted to keep my child, but I knew I couldn't. I put the covers up over my head and drifted off to sleep.

Tyrese -

The next day at school I headed to my locker to grab my chemistry book. I really didn't wanna go to class cause I didn't wanna look at Taraji. I hated to admit it, but I missed her, I could barely sleep last night because she was all I could think about.

I walked over to my locker and started putting my combination in. I had just opened my locker when somebody out their hands over my eyes. I smiled cause I knew it was T. I tried to play like I wasn't happy until I turned around and saw Norma.

"Hey," I said. My mood instantly changed. "Hey Ty I was wondering if you wanted to come to my birthday party this weekend?" She asked. "Norma look, I'm not really into parties and shit like that, but I'll try and see if I can make it," I said. "Okay here's my number call me okay," she winked. I gave her a sly smile, grabbed my book and turned around.

I closed the locker and place my lock back on it. Just as I began heading to class Taraji started calling my name. "Can we talk?" She asked. I nodded my head and we went downstairs to the basement. I couldn't lie Taraji was looking good as hell today. She was working that little mini skirt.

"What's up?" I asked as I leaned against the wall. "Baby I'm sorry, I miss you, I shouldn't have been laughing in his face like that, I hate how you feel that you can't trust me. I wanna make us official. I wanna be yours. I love you. You can look through my phone you can have all my passwords, I'm sorry baby please I can't sleep, eat, or breath without you," she said as tears fell down her eyes.

"Come here," I said. She walked over to me and I wrapped my arms around her waist. I squeezed her ass and she giggled. I gave her a long lingering kiss on the lips. "Damn you so beautiful baby," I said as I stared into her eyes. She smiled at me and I smiled back. "You forgive me?" She asked. "Yeah I forgive you baby, I'm sorry, I just got jealous I don't wanna share you with nobody, I want you to my self. I'm stingy," I said. "Mm I'm the same way, and I swear I'm gone cut yo dick off if I see Norma at your locker again, rip her fucking number up now," she said.

I chuckled and ripped up Norma's number. "Come on let's get to class baby," I said as I wrapped my arm around her. When we went upstairs, I was surprised when she let me hold her hand through the hall. Everybody looked and pointed. I pecked her lips. Taraji was gone be mine forever.