Chapter 11

Tyrese-

"Come on Taraji so we can go pick up our prom shit," I said as I sat down on the couch. Taraji was taking forever just to get dressed as usual.
"Baby stop fucking rushing me beauty takes time damn!" She yelled back.

I chuckled and grabbed the remote. Taraji's mother came through the door struggling with groceries. I instantly got up to help her. "Awe thank you baby, you guys still here?" She asked as I helped her put the groceries on the table.

"Yeah ma Taraji taking forever," I said as I grabbed her coat and hung it up. "Taraji Penda Henson if you don't get yo ass down here!" She yelled as she stood near the steps. "Momma I'm dressed, I know Tyrese ain't got you rushing me he ain't got no where to go," she said as she came down the stairs.

"Girl you better be good to my son," mama Bernice said making me laugh. "Mama you treat him better than me," T whined. "Oh Taraji get outta here," she said laughing. "She jealous huh ma?" I laughed. "She is ain't she," she laughed. T poked out her lips as snatched her coat down.

I laughed and grabbed her waist. "I know you ain't acting like that, you and my momma be doing the same thing," I said as I pecked her lips. "Shut up," she whined. "Girl keep playing and umma take you up stairs to the bedroom," I said as I squeezed her ass. She giggled. "Ty I know you ain't being mannish," mama Bernice said. Me and T both chuckled. "Naw mama I'm not," I laughed. "Uh huh," mama said raising her eyebrow.

"Okay mama we gone to go pick out our prom stuff," T said. "Alright don't eat nothing I'm making dinner," she said. "Okay mommy bye," "bye ma," I said. "Bye babies," she said.

"Yo moms funny as hell," I laughed. "Nah she know you a freak," T smirked. "You a freak too shit I'm glad yo mama was at work last night, so she ain't have to hear yo ass screaming," I smirked. "Shut up ," she laughed. "Oh Tyrese shit baby that's it right there right there baby yes!" I said mimicking her. She slapped me on the arm and poked out her lips. I laughed and pecked her lips.

"You ain't even give me no sugar today Taraji damn," I said acting hurt. "When we get to the mall I'll give you your sugar," she said. "You better," I laughed. "Spoiled brat," she said as she pulled out her phone. She started laughing at whatever was on her screen. I reached for her phone and she jerked back. "Damn I can't see your phone?" I asked. "Do you pay this bill?" She asked. "Iight remember that when I'm on my shit," I said. "Whatever Ty Im not gone argue with you," she said.

I parked into the mall parking lot and cut the engine down. "Who the fuck is you over there texting man," I asked. "Baby don't start please," she said as she straddled my lap. I looked the other way and she hit my chest. "Stop acting like that," she said as she kissed my forehead. "I ain't acting like nun man," I replied.

"Why you acting like you got trust issues?" She asked. "I don't have trust issues," I said. "Whatever Ty," she said. We got out the car and went into the mall. I'm not gone lie I didn't fully trust Taraji. Something told me that she wasn't being one hundred with me. I mean we still haven't made things official yet.

I took a deep breath as we entered the prom shop. Taraji went looking for her dress while I went looking for my tux. Just as I found my tux I went looking for Taraji. It broke my heart to see her laughing in Hills face. I shook my head and put the tux back. I walked out the door.

"Tyrese! Tyrese! Why would you leave like that?" Taraji asked as she came running out the store. I kept walking acting like I didn't hear her. "Tyrese I know you fucking hear me," she yelled as she yanked my arm.

"Naw I don't, go back in there with Hill man," I said shaking my head as I entered Foot Locker. "Baby we were just talking," she said. "Man I saw you T, all up in dude face laughing and shit you was letting him touch on you and shit," I said. "Baby me and Hill is over we're just friends," she said. "That ain't what I seen T, but it's all good," I said as I chuckled.

"Really Tyrese?" She asked. "Yeah really man, I don't trust you Taraji, we ain't even made us official. We steady keeping shit a secret and I don't have time for that, I need a woman not a little girl who wanna play fucking games, I said.

"So what are you saying?" She asked. " I don't know maybe we just need some time apart from each other," I said. Tears came down T's eyes. I didn't mean to her hurt her but my heart was on the line. I loved Taraji too much and I was tired of playing games.

"T I'm-" "don't worry about me I'm fine, can you just take me home?" She asked. "Yeah," I said. The ride to Taraji's house was silent. I dropped her off and headed home. Once I got home I plopped down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I didn't mean that shit I said about being away from T. Whenever I was away from her it was like I couldn't breath. I couldn't live without her, eat or sleep without her. I saw her face when she and Hill was talking at the mall. I knew she still wanted to be with dude, and I hated being a sideline. So I think it was best for me and T to just go our separate ways.