Caught in the Line of Fire

Chapter 9

Authors Note: Hey my amazing readers!!:) sadly there are only a few more chapters until I am done with this book. :( I know I'm upset too :'(

"LAST NIGHT?! WHAT THE HELL?!" I yelled feeling my heart fall to the floor. Now he was going to start his plan.

Sylus backed up seeing I was pissed. "Last night he escaped and the guards didn't even know. Then he created the shooting at Valerie's school as a distraction." He said and I punched the car hood, denting it. "Tara, baby, you need to calm down." Christina said pulling me into her arms so I wouldn't hurt myself or anyone for that matter. "How the hell could they not know he was gone?!" I demanded and Sylus shrugged. "I honestly don't know...." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I felt Christina kiss my cheek but I was to mad to react. How were the guards that stupid not to notice that a prisoner was gone? Do they know how many people could die now?

I pushed Christina away from me and walked away from everyone. I need time to think.

I sighed opening the front door. It was past ten when I finally decided that I need to head back to the house. I looked up to see Christina sitting in a chair waiting for me. She immediately shot out of the chair and into my arms when she caught sight of me standing in the doorway. "Baby please don't walk away like that again. You scared me" she whispered into my ear. I felt something wet slide down my cheek and I knew that she was crying. "I'm sorry baby. I just needed time to think. Is Valerie upstairs?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'll go check on her. We'll talk in the morning." I said and kissed her softly before walking up the stairs to Valerie's room. I softly knocked on the door and heard her allow me in. I stepped into her room and she smiled putting the book down that she had been reading. "Mother started crying when you left. She wouldn't go to bed until you came back." She says and I nodded sitting on her soft bed. I pushed the hair out of her eyes. "I'm sure you heard about what happened. I just want you to know that I'm not going to let him hurt you. Okay?" I said and she smiled placing her head on my shoulder. "Okay" she said and I kissed her cheek watching her scoot down in the bed until she was under the covers. I smiled and tucked her in and got up, kissed her forehead, and left to go to my room.

I smiled seeing Christina was already laying down in bed. I undressed and got into my pajamas, my eyes never leaving hers. I sat down next to her and leaned down kissing her cheek. "I know your scared but I promise you that everything will be alright." I assure her and she smiled placing her hand on the crook of my neck, her thumb rubbing over my jaw line. "I know it's just... The feeling of not knowing..." She trails off and I nod. "I know, I'm gonna have you and Valerie come with me to work tomorrow." I said and she nodded. I was surprised that she didn't argue with me about it.

"Just sleep for tonight okay?" I said kissing her. She moaned pulling me on top of her. I knew that she just wanted to be comforted even if it meant sex. I smiled pulling away from her and kissed down her neck. "Tara if you don't w-" I put my finger to her lips to silence her and kissed down her stomach. She whimpered and pulled my lips back up to hers. I smiled feeling her arms wrap around my neck. I giggled kissing down her neck and onto her collar bone. "Tara please" she begged and I smiled rubbing her stomach before running them to the top of her pajama pants. She took in a breath as I began to pull them down...

I sipped on my coffee watching Valerie eat her bowl of cereal. Christina walked down the stairs, her eyes avoiding mine. I smiled as she sat on my lap and rested her head on my shoulder. I could already tell that she was in a good mood because of last night. Valerie stared at us with one eye brow raised and I smiled knowing she knew why Christina was so happy. I patted her back and she got up. I emptied the rest of my coffee and turned around to look at Valerie. "When we get there, no talking and asking a lot of questions. Okay?" I said and she nodded. "I'm sorry you have to go but it's for your protection." I say and she nods. "I know" she says and gets up to get ready, leaving Christina and I alone.