Caught in the Line of Fire

Chapter 13

Authors Note: Sadly this is the last chapter:( I hope you guys enjoy it:)

I felt Christina's arms around me as I awoke from my sleep. I had, had to take sleeping pills last night because I couldn't sleep. I kept crying over Kent so Christina found some sleeping pills to give me. She didn't give them to me out of wanting to get some sleep. She gave them to me so that I could get some sleep before seeing Ryder today.

I quietly untangled myself and got my uniform on. One of the nurses washed it last night because she felt terrible that it had my best friends blood all over it. I watched as Christina moved before her eyes shot open because she couldn't feel me next to her. I smiled and sat at the side of the bed holding her hand. "I thought you left..." She said and I smiled kissing her cheek. "I wouldn't leave without saying goodbye." I said and she smiled pulling me into her chest for a tight hug.

I walked out of the tent feeling the hot, dry wind blow dirt into my face. I watched as men were loading thousands of dollars into the backs of the trucks. I smiled and felt Christina's hand cling onto mine.

My men were walking around with coffee mugs in their hands and Vince and Sylus were sitting outside of their tent with Valerie. I smiled and walked over to them. I pulled Vince up from his chair and into my arms for a reassuring hug. His body was shaking from emotion and not because it was cold because it wasn't. "Be strong for him." I whispered and he nods pulling away from the hug to look at me. His eyes were red from crying and lack of sleep. Kent was like a brother to him and now he was gone.

Vince sat down again and pulled me into his lap. I felt his arms go around my body protectively as I nuzzled into his neck to get away from the wind. He rubbed my back as I felt someone poke it. I turned around to see Christina with a coffee mug in her hands. She handed it to me and I took a sip of the warm liquid before laying my head on Vince's shoulder.

I watched as the men slammed the back of the trucks shut and walked away to their tents. I smiled finishing my coffee as General Rodriguez made his way over to me. I stood up and shook his hand smiling at him. "The money is all there. You can leave when your ready." He said and nodded before walking away from me to do some other business.

I radioed my team and waited for them to assemble. I smiled and pulled Christina into a tight hug. "Don't cry. I'm coming back." I said and kissed her before hugging Valerie.

"I'm just going to check the trucks." I said and left my team heading towards the trucks. I opened the back and looked at the money smiling.

After looking at all of the trucks I walked back over to my team. I hugged them all again and we broke away to get into the trucks.

I sighed as the factory came into view. I took a deep breath to calm myself and pulled into the parking lot.

I watched as my men came out and walked over to me. "Hand me all of the car keys." I said and they nodded handing me the keys. I tied them together and put them in my pocket. "We're not splitting up. We're just going to the room that we were in yesterday." I said and some of them looked at the building nervously. "Don't worry I'm not going to let him do what he did yesterday to any of you." I reassure and some of them nod.

"What about the money?" One man asks and I look at him. He was one of the younger men. "I will have his men get it." I say and lock all of the cars using the three sets of keys that I was given.

We walk inside with our guns drawn and I look at my men. "Wait, some of you go up to the upper level of the main part and stay there. I will radio you." I say and they nod confused. As I rounded a big machine I could see Ryder in the middle of the room. "Why aren't we in the other room?" I ask as I near him with one man by my side. Ryder also had one man by his.