I Hate Flats

As I was running I mentally kicked myself for forgetting to bring a change of clothes.

I was at a show of the new and improved iron man suits the goverment was going to use.

S.H.I.E.L.D knew something would go wrong. I had been begging for a mission since I missed the last one. My Mom was already sort of undercover as Starks assistant anyway, so here I am.

But sadly I didn't "work" for someone who was invited so I couldn't just walts in when things went wrong. I had to sit through it till something did.

I had to look fancy to blend in, so I was in a dress and black flats. But flats aren't easy to run in, which was why I was supposed to bring at least some tennis shoes.

Guess who forgot, me. My first real mission and I forgot shoes.

S.H.I.E.L.D put a guy in security who let me bring a gun in my purse. I also had my wand but it just looked like a stick.

I grabbed my gun got of my purse and my wand. I dropped the purse and started to shoot at a few of the Iron government Man things.

That only slowed them down slightly. I reached for my wand,

"Avifors" I said

And one of the Iron Men turned into a bird.

That seemed to work, but it was to obviouse. If one exploded people would think it was a weapon. But it randomly turning into a bird, that would raise a few questions.

"Comfringo"
I muttered

One Iron Man exploded, taking a few others out with it

I did that for a few minutes, when out of no where Mom grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her.

Pepper was trailing after her asking question after question.
I pulled my arm away and followed.

" I can walk by myself you know." I muttered.

My comment was ignored.

"We need to get to the controls and find someone who can turn these things off."
She told me.

"It is most likely that hacker."
I said.

Mom didn't answer me, we reached the controls and mom slammed the guys who was sitting there's head against the panel.

"How do we turn these things off?"
She demanded.

As the sence unfolded I stood there doing nothing. I wish mom
Would leave something for me to do.

I thought about telling her that, but decided against it. I decided on slipping away and checking on Stark.

I ran outside letting loose a few cuss words when a blister burst on my ankle.

I saw Stark in his Iron Man suit being chased by what looked like his friend in the military.

The hacker must have taken control of his friends suit.

I sent a stun spell up that hit his friend. I was new to the spell and wasn't trying very hard, so it only stunned him for ten seconds.

Which was what I was aiming for, I didn't want him to plumit to his death.

I did all that I could, now it was up to Stark to take care of himself.

I turned around and a parking lot exploded to my left. I smiled knowing Stark had figured something out.

"Kendra!"
I heard my Mom call.

I ran over to her,

"There you are, everything is taken care of. S.H.I.E.L.D is sending over a jet to take us to HQ."
She smiled at me,

"Nice first mission."
She said

"Thanks. No one saw me use my magic by the way."

"Good."
She nodded

My earpiece beeped. I tapped it and answered the incoming call.

"I expect a full report on how your mission went."
Fury said.

"Understood sir, I Will have a full report prepared for when I get back."

"I will be expecting it."
He said the hung up.

Mom glanced at my feet.

"You forgot to bring tennis shoes didn't you."
She said.

"Yes."
I replied.

Mom opened her mouth like she was going to lecture me. Then stopped and smiled.

"I will spear you the lecture. Only because I know that the blisters on your feet will keep you from forgeting next time."
She said.

She was completely right. I will never forget my tennis shoes again.

If I do, the I deserve the blisters I get. And I told mom just that.

¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬¬°¬°¬°¬°¬¬°¬°¬
*****************************

Hey guys, how do you like the first chapter of the 2nd book? I wanted to post the book on some sort of holiday, so here it is. Also HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

Forever and always,

Me.