Awake

"Is it working?"

"Will she be okay?"

"It worked on everyone else. Be patient."

"How did this happen?"

"We already explained it to you."

"Let me rephrase. How did you Let this happen?"

The voices and noise made my head hurt. I tried to sit up, my hands twitched and my head lifted slightly, but nothing else. I fell back again. I tried again, this time  I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. There were four people sitting in front of me.
"She is awake." Someone sais happily.

"Kendra, honey, are you alright?"
A woman said in front of me.

Honey? No one calls me Honey. Well mom and dad sometimes do...

"Mom? Dad?" I asked, blinking away the blur. A sigh of relief rippled through the room.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked.

"Don't you remember kiddo?" Dad asked with a worried expression.

I thought about for a moment. Did I remember? Yes... yes I did remember!

"I was at the library... with Hermione...and we found the book about-" I stopped short, " A Basilisk is in he chamber of secrets! You have to tell someone, do something about it! It is the thing petrifying students."
I Informed frantically.

"We know Ms. Granger informed us as well when she woke up."
Grandmother replied.

I looked around and noticed the other people in the room. Grandmother and the nurse were here.

"Where us Hermione how is she? Is she alright?" I begged.

Suddenly Hermione, Ron and Harry rushed in. "Kendra you're awake! We wanted to be here when you woke up but Madam Pomfrey wouldn't let us in."
Hermione apologized.

Mom and dad looked attended friends and then back at me. "I believe we have some things to discuss Mrs and Mr Barton. Follow me." Grandmother snapped beckoning my parents to follow her. Slowly all the adulta cleared the room.

"What does Professor McGonagall want with your parents?" Ron asked,

"No idea." I replied. I noticed Harry had a cut on his cheek.

"What happened after Hermione and I were paralyzed?" I inquired.

Harry and Ron filled me in on what I had missed. Every now and Hermione would correct them when they tried to embellish the story which she had heard from Ginny.

"Is Ginny alright?" I questioned.

"She is fine now, shaken up, but alright." Hermione explained.

"That's good." I muttered with a sigh. "Do I need to retake my exams?" I asked after a pause.

Ron rolled his eyes and Harry looked at me like I was crazy. Hermione, on the other hand, looked proud.

"No, Dumbledore canceled them." Hermione informed me.

"Who would want to take exams anyway?" Ron exclaimed. Harry nodded in agreement.

Lavender, Jasmine and Cho rushed in followed by Madam Pomfrey. "Only three visitors at a time." Madam Pomfrey called over.

"We should go...." Harry trailed off. I nodded and they left, replaced by Lav, Jazz and Cho.

"Kendra we were so worried! A third year Hufflepuff said she saw blood on the floor where you fell. And a third year Slytherin said he was sure you were dead and that was why no one was aloud to visit you for the first week." Lavender rambled.

"Well I am fine now." I assured them.

"Your parents look intimidating." Jazz commented.

"Yeah we have never seen them before."Cho added

"Its not like I have met any of your parents." I said defensively.

They nodded sheepishly.

"What was it like to be paralyzed?" Jazz asked. The rest looked at me eagerly.

"It felt like I was in a dreamless sleep. But when it first happened was the worst. The few seconds before it takes full affect. You can't move or stop yourself from falling." I told my friends.

They nodded, asking me to continue. I has no dought that what I was saying would be stretched and modified as it was retold to everyone.

"But waking up is almost as bad. At first you can only hear things, then you start to see things all blurry and then you start to move. But you don't know when or where you are."

"Wow" they said in unison.

My parents re-entered the room follows by my grandmother. Lavender Jasmine and Cho waved goodbye and left in a hurry.

"Your grandmother and I have discussed it, and we think it would be best if, once you are cleared from the hospital, we take you home." My Dad said.

"We have talked to Madam Pomfrey. She said as long as you rest once we get home you can leave now."
Mom said.

Grandmother stayed quiet. I wasn't sure if she wanted me to go home early.

"But what about my friends?"
I asked.

"I will tell them you had to leave early. You are only a week of  school." Grandmother spoke up.

"What about my things?" I questioned.

"The other children are in class you may go gather your things."
Grandmother replied.

"Meet us by the Black Lake Kendra." Mom added.

I got up an walked to the Gryffindor tower. I gathered my things and my cat jumped on my shoulder. I didn't know why I had to leave early. Mom or Dad would have told me if I had a mission.

I walked out to the Black Lake and saw Lola parked my the dock. Mom and Dad were standing be the car. We all got in the car silently. Mom started the car and it shot into the air.

"The lack responsibility the school has." Mom muttered angrily over the engine.

"Mom it wasn't the schools fault. Besides I am fine. No real harm was done." I replied. Dad scawled out the window.

"All they did was send us a letter. A letter saying that you were paralyzed but that we shouldn't worry."
Dad grumbled.

"You really shouldn't have worried."
I muttered. An eerie silence fell over the car. No one offered a explanation for pulling me out early. I looked out the back window as Hogwarts faded behind me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey everyone, that is the end of this book. I will try to get the third one out by Thanksgiving. If I don't Then happy early Thanksgiving to all. I know this book didn't have much Marvel, but the next book will have much more.

Forever and always,

Me.