The Snake

The day after Harry told me about the attack on the first year the rest of the school found out and started to panic. Once Hermione found out she hid herself in the library for even longer periods of time than she had before.

Two days after Harry told me about the attack there was an announcement at breakfast that all students  would be required to attend dueling lessons which would be lead (unfortunately) by Lockhart and professor Snape. Which was just our luck. The two teachers we hated the most teaching us how to duel.

The third day after Harry told me about the attack the dueling classes started.

"I still cannot believe Lockhart and Snape of all people are teaching us how to duel."
Harry complained as we walked to the Dueling Class that morning.

"Well Lockhart isn't that bad. Look at all the experience he has had." Hermione gushed.

"Well of courses you would think that."
Ron replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"
Hermione interrogated.

"Just that you have a little crush."
I teased.

"You people are insufferable."
Hermione huffed as we walked through the class room doors.

We dispersed  ourselves into the group of people shuttled around the dueling stage. Lockhart and Professor Snape were standing next to each other waiting for the last few children to come in.
Lockhart was all smiles and charm whereas Snape was standing stiff and had a gloomy expression.

"Because of the attacks on the students, Dumbledore has thought it best if Proffesor Snape and I teach the students dueling. We were chosen because of our experience and charm, our hair and-" Lockhart began but was quickly cut off by Snape.

"For this dueling class you will pair up and try to disarm your opponent. Proffessor Lockhart and I will demonstrate."
Snape walked to the end of the dueling stage and Lockhart walked to the other end reluctantly.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea. I wouldn't want to harm your professor."
He spoke to the crowd.

They two professor counted to three silently.

"Expelliarmios!(sp?)"
Snape shouted. Lockhart flew backward and hit the wall. Professor Snape didn't even pretend to be sorry.

"I'm just glad we are rid of him."
Harry muttered to Ron behind me.

"Now let's have one or two student demonstrations."
Snape called out.

I raised my hand. Feeling the need to show off and to take out my frustration from not hearing from my parents at all on someone. Snape glances at the crowd.

"Barton, Longbottom, get up here." Snape yelled.

All the angst and frustration started to go away. Neville hadn't even raised his hand. Snape was picking on him again. I walked up onto one side of the stage Neville skunk onto the other. I shot him an apologetic look, But the adrenalin and angst was still pumping in me. It had been to long since I had a proper fight.

"Three, two, one."

"Expelliarmios!" I yelled with a little to much force.

The spell hit Neville square in the chest. He went flying in one direction and his wand in the other. I ran over to Neville guilt rising in me. Snape called Harry and Draco next.

"Neville are you alright? Where are you hurt?" I asked him.

"I'm fine my head just hurts a little bit." He said drowsaly.

"Lets get you to the Hospital Wing." I suggested.

Then I heard a loud gasp and looked up at the stage. Harry and Draco's had escalated quickly. Draco had conjured a Snake that was now advancing on Dean. Harry began to glare at the snake while hissing and making strange sounds. The snake slowly backed off and then Snape killed it.

"Class dismissed!" Snape yelled.

Harry Ron and I ran over to Harry. Neville wobbled behind me.

"Harry what the hell was that?"
I asked. I was mad at my parents, guilt ridden and was not in the mood for the mysterious Snake powers my friend suddenly seemed to possess.

"How would I know!"
Harry yelled back, obviously as confused as I was.

"This is not good Harry, has that ever happened before?" Hermione asked.

"Only once, but I thought a lot of wizards could do it."
Harry replied.

"And you never thought to mention it?"
I accused. This day was not going very well.

"This isn't good mate. You just spoke Parsle Tongue. Only an heir of Slytherin can do that."
Ron said.

"But I am not an heir on Slytherin. I don't know why I can do this."

"We will figure this out.
Ok?"

"Does anyone hear clanging?"
Neville asked.We all looked at him.

"I will get you get you to the Hospital Wing soon Neville. I am really sorry."

"What was that Kendra? You have been seeming in edge for the pasted few days."
Hermione asked.

"I am just a little stressed. I haven't heard from my parents since I got detention. I guess I am just sort of worried. This happens every year and before I used to know when they had a-"

I glanced at Neville.

"Business trip."

The trio nodded understanding.

"I can take him to the Hospital Wing Kendra. You go get some sleep."

"Thanks Hermione."
I called after her.

|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤||||¤|¤|¤¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤|¤

Hey guys, sorry that took so long. I just joined a new swim team and haven't had much time.

Forever and always,

Me.