shopping

October had arrived. It brought a chill to the drafty castle and colorful leaves littered the grounds. Hermione and a few other muggleborns at Hogwarts had been reminiscing about past Halloween parties and going trick or treating. It made me wish even more that we could dress up on Halloween more then ever.

I had never had time to have any sort of Halloween celebrations at all. Hell I have never worn a Halloween costume in my life. Now that I think about, I have never really celebrated holidays at all. I guess Fury thought it would be distracting or something. Not that I had minded at the time. I guess now that I had the opportunity to interact with people I was starting to feel left out.

Get a grip and stop whining! I told myself.

I walked up to the dormitory to drop my books off before going to dinner. When I walked in I noticed Lav was in the room braiding her extremely long hair.

"You know," Lav said as I dropped my bag on my bed.

"I really think that Gryffindor should have a Halloween party in the Common Room this year. With snacks and costumes and everything."
She gushed.

"That would be great" I said as I walked out the door. "You should organize it."

I walked to the Great Hall and sat next to Ron and The Gang.

"Kendra, will you come to Nearly Headless Nick 's death day party with us?"
Harry asked.

"Isn't that on the night if the Halloween feast?"
I questioned.

"Well, yes."
Harry said.

"So why are you even going?"
I pressed as I cut my steak.

"Nearly Headless Nick saved me from detention and I promised him I would go."
He explained.

I looked over at Hermione and Ron. Ron Shrugged and Hermione shot me an If I suffer you suffer look. I groaned dramatically.

"Fine. But I will not miss the Halloween party for this."
I said stubbornly.

"What Halloween party?"
Hermione asked excitedly.

"Lavender is organizing it."
I replied.

"When will it be?"

"Probably the night before Halloween."

Hermione considered this new information for a minute or so.

"We should get permission to go shopping for costumes."
Hermione suggested.

------------------------------------------------------

"What did she say?"
Lav asked.

I was waiting with Lav, Jazz and a few other Gryffindor girls to go shopping for costumes.

"She said we could go but that we had to be back in two hours."
Hermione announced.

We all cheered. I had no idea what I was going to dress as. It seemed like everything I would have dressed as might be offensive to so magical creature.

I hoped I would find something. Maybe if I could find an accurate costume of a magical creature and it would be like dressing as a cat in the muggle world.

Hermione gave us directions and we all left. As we walked in and out f shops I became dismayed. I had no idea what I was going to dress as. Half the things in the store I didn't know existed, let alone what it was.

Lav and Jazz had better luck than Hermione and I. Jazz found a very pretty ballerina costume and Lavender decided to dress as a lavender. I found it very amusing.

We passed a story that had many medieval dresses and clothes hanging in the shop window.
I had an idea.

"Hey Hermione."
I whispered.

"Yes?" She replied.

"Look at the shop over there."
I urged. She glanced over at the shop.

"What about it?"

I inwardly sighed.

"We could both dress up as something from medieval times."
I said.

"That's a good idea." She said then we turned to go toward the store.

As we entered the store I noticed it had only one other exit. It smelled musty and everything in the story felt ancient. But the clothes were beautiful.

We browsed the shop, looking at dresses some were beaded and others were silk and all of them had beautiful colors. I stumbled across a gorgeous red and brown dress that bottom of the sleeves in awe. The colors reminded me of Gryffindor. I would be the valiant princess who saved her kingdom from the northern invaders. I liked that.

"Hermione check this out." I called across the store.She came over with a lovely blue silk dress hanging off her arm.

"Does this suit me?" She asked , holding up the light blue dress that came with a silver band to go around her head.

"That looks amazing. It matches your personality to a T." I complimented.

"What about this?" I asked, holding the dress up to my body and twirling dramatically.

"It look fantastic. The colors remind me of the Gryffindor flag."
She commented.

"That's what I thought!" I exclaimed.

"Let's go try them on!" Hermione said excitedly. We grabbed our dress and ran to the dressing rooms.

"You go first." Hermione said.

"We sound like Lavender." I muttered as I closed the dressing room door. I undressed and struggled into the dress.

"Behold! The courageous princess who single handedly saved her kingdom from invaders!" I yelled dramatically as I throw open the door.

Hermione laughed happily. I had no idea where this playful side was coming from. It just happened and I kind of liked it. It was fun just messing around in an obscure village where no one would ever find out I did. But you can't always act like this, I reminded myself. You have a reputation to uphold at home. But right now I can act any way I want.

"Go try your on Hermione and think of a backstory."
I encouraged ushering her into the changing room. I tapped my foot impatiently waiting for her to finish.

She opened the door with I happy look  on her face. "I look good right?" She asked.

"Of course." I said. "Now what's your backstory?"

"Um well, my kingdom was destroyed and both my parents were killed when I was a child. So when I went into hiding and worked to rebuild my kingdom untill I did."

Wow.

"That on the spot background is way more complicated then mine. Points to you Hermione."

She blushed.

"Now let's buy these dresses and get back to Hogwarts before we get detention."
I advised.

"Let's."
Hermione said.

.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Hey everyone, sorry that chapter took a week or so, I hope it was worth it. I am contemplating having Kendra become paralyzed but the Basilisk and ending the book early before I move on to the new book. So tell me what you guys think about that. Also I will be at a summer camp all next week so I can't update then. Then the next week I am in vigorous preservation do Champs. Then that weekend is champs so I won't be able or update for two weeks or so. Sorry.

Forever and Always,

Me.