The Glowing Eyes

"Listen, Hermione I am sorry about the twins," I apologized.

"It wasn't your fault. Beside the twins were just playing."
Hermione answered as we entered the library.

"So what are we looking for?" I asked.

"I found a book yesterday that I think has a page about the thing that is hurting the muggleborns."

"That's great Hermione."

"How was your winter break? Did you enjoy seeing your parents? I know how much you miss them." Hermione asked while we searched the shelves

"I actually didn't get to see my parents." I confessed.

"But why not? I thought the letter said-"

"The letter said they would be on some mission the week I was back."

"Oh, I am sorry Kendra. What did you do over the break then?" Hermione asked half heartedly.

"I was totored." I replied, not really wanting to talk about it.

"By whom?Was it Coulson? I know you like him." Hermione moved to another shelf.

"No. For the most part it was new recruits." I called over while I disregarded a book. We were lucky the library was deserted.

"New recruits? You had multiple stranger tutors." Hermione questioned.

I snapped shut the book I was looking at. "Listen Hermione, I don't want to talk about it ok? My break was disappointing. The only good thing that happened was when Maria took over." I snapped.

Hermione huffed and went to another shelf. After a few minutes of working in silence, Hermione gasped. She ran over to me.

"Look!" She whispered urgently ripping out the page and handing it to me.

I looked at the page Basilisk was printed at the top. I looked at the information page and gasped. Everything matched! Thus just got very bad.

"We need to tell someone!" Hermione urged.

"Who?" I asked. We hustled out of the library, looking at everything with a newfound paranoia. We saw a seventh year Ravenclaw heading our way.

"Hey!" I called out. She stopped and looked at us strangely. Hermione and I ran over to her.

"Look!" Hermione said frantically as I handed her the page. She looked it over, her eyes growing larger the more she read.

"Who do we tell?" I asked.

"We tell Professor McGonagall."
The Ravenclaw said.

We turned to head into her office and- nothing. I couldn't move. The reflection in the window, staring at me. Eyes. The huge, terrifying eyes. The soulless eye. The Snake eyes. Then I was falling. Backward? Yes it was backward. Falling. Then I hit the ground. There was nothing I could do to stop it. No training could help you when you can't move. I can't move? The idea hit me as hard as the ground I just hit. I kicked and screamed in my mind. Nothing. Nothing happened. Then darkness. It was almost welcome. The excuse to just stop fighting. Because I knew what was happening. I couldn't win. The blackness made me stop. Stop...Stop....