Rumors

After the incident during dueling class, rumors had started again, this time taking a turn for the worst. Many students now suspected Harry as the Heir of Slytherin. Harry. Ron and Hermione all suspected Draco Malfoy to be the Heir. I however, did not.

Draco was a rude, Stuck up, spoiled brat, but he wouldn't do something this serious. I tried to explain this to Hermione, but she was set on the Heir being Draco. So I took matters into my own hands.

I started to observe the student body. It was refreshing to use some of the skills S.H.I.E.L.D taught me. Ginny was acting strange, (not that I knew her well in the first place,) I had suck out to feed my cat that lived in the Whomping Willow. She was walking out to the forest and seemed to be sleep walking.

I was at lunch when a letter arrived for me. I was sitting with the trio out by the lake and I was curious as to who's owl this was. Hermione looked at me hopefully knowing I hadn't heard from my parents yet. I nervously opened the letter, my hopes were not a high.

Kendra,

Your father and I will not be at the base for winter break, but we still expect you to be there. We have asked a few agents to over see your training while we are gone. We hope you are doing well at Hogwarts. We love you.

Keep fighting,

Hermione, Harry and Ron looked at me expectantly. "I am required to go back home for winter break."
I explained.

"That is good right?"
Hermione encouraged.

"You have been wanting to see your parents."
Harry pointed out with a hint of jealousy.

Hermione nodded vigorously. "Just don't kill us in your sleep when you get back." Ron joked.

I faked a smile. "Will do."

I didn't have the heart to tell them my parents wouldn't be there. Or that I still hadn't gotten a letter just to ask how I was. They had encouraged me in there own discreet way. They have missions all the time. I was being too sensitive.

I grabbed a quill out of my bag and flipped the letter over.

Hey Mom and Dad,

It was good to hear from you. Be safe on whatever mission you go on. Hope to hear  from you again soon.

Kendra,

I rolled the letter up and called the owl over. The owl ruffled it's feathers and straightened over.
I tied the letter to the owls leg and shooed it off. The owl didn't move.

"Harry give me some of your lunch." I said.

"Why? "

"Because your food is still out and this owl is hungry."

Harry grumbled and handed me a bagel. I handed the bagel to the owl and it flew of with the bagel in it's beak. I watched the owl fly away, taking my partners letter with it.

Out of the corner my eye I saw Lav Jazz and Cho wave at me from under a tree. I smiled at them and got up.

"See ya later." I called behind me as I hurried away from the trio. I ran over to the group under the tree and sat down next to them.

"Hey guys," I greated

"Hi Kendra." They chorused.

"Did you here about the Hufflepuff second-year Justin Finch Fletchley?"
Cho asked

"No, what happened?"

"There was another attack and he was paralyzed." Jazz responded.

"That's terrible. Do the teachers have any idea who is behind the attacks."
I questioned.

"If they do they aren't telling us."
Jazz responded bitterly.

"Apparently the Gryffindor ghost was in front of him and was paralyzed as well."

"No way."
I said excitedly.

"So he can't tell the teachers who has been attacking the students."
Cho explained.

"Are they going to close the school?"
I interrogated.

"When have they?"
Lav shot back.

One of the reason I loved this group of friends so much was because they had all the gossip. Nothing slipped past Lav, Jazz or Cho's ears.

"Any theories about the Slytherin Heir?"
I continued.

They looked at each other awkwardly.

"Eveyone thinks Harry is the Heir. It makes sense."
Cho finally said.

I frowned. "But he isn't. He would never attack muggle borns! Hermione is a Muggle born" I defended.

"He did tell that snake to attack Dean." Lav muttered.

"No, he told the snake to leave him alone."
I shot back.

"We don't mean to offend. We are just repeating what people say."
Jazz muttered.

"I know." I sighed. Harry must already know about the rumors. Or maybe Hermione does. Either way, telling them will have to wait.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Hey everyone, sorry for the sort chapter. Another should be coming but I have a lot on my plate.

Forever and always,

Me.