The Howler

I woke up in the morning ready for my early morning jog. I looked out the window by my bed and saw the sun had risen an hour ago.

I stuck me hand under my pillow and grabbed my phone. I looked at the time and screamed in frustration. My alarm had not gone off. I only had thirty minutes before breakfast.

"What's all the screaming about?"
Jazz said groggily.

"Nothing, nothing at all."
I said with fake happyness.

I started to get ready. I couldn't help worrying. I had no idea how my parents would react to the letter Dumbledore sent them.

They may have not even read it yet. They work at S.H.I.E.L.D they're busy people. Would they even care? Would they expect grandma to punish me and move on?

Not likely.

I am so screwed.

I walked into dinner and say with Lav and Jazz a little ways away from Ron and the gang.

I chatted nervously with them. I was dreading mail.

A red envelop was dropped into Ron's hand. Poor him. He got a howler.

A normal envelop was dropped on my plate. Before a could open it Mrs. Weasley's shouts filled The Great Hall.

"STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF THEY HAD EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET A HOLD OF YOU. I DONT SUPPOSE YOU THOUGHT OF WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH! LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT. WE ALMOST DIED IF SHAME. YOU, HARRY AND KENDRA COULD HAVE DIED!-"

There's my name,

"ABSOLUTELY HORRID- YOUR FATHER FACEING INQUIRIES AT WORK- IF YOU STEP ONE DOOT OUT OF LINE AGAIN YOU ARE COMING STRAIT BACK HOME."

The howler burst into flame and shurivled into ash.

After what had happened to Ron I was pretty nervous to open my letter. At least it was not a howler like Ron's letter.

I reached out a shaky hand and picked up my letter.

Kendra,

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! First you sneak out and now this. Your father and I are very disappointed in you. Just because you can ride in a flying car to and from Hogwarts does not mean you can STEAL one.

Now that the lecture is over (which I know did nothing to make you feel guilty,) is over, you have to know how we are going to prevent this.

There might be something big happening at S.H.I.E.L.D this summer and you need to be prepared and have all your concentration.

You will not be allowed to leave the base unless it involves an assignment.

If anything else like this happens we will pull you out of Hogwarts for the rest of the year.

Sincerly,

Natasha and Barton

I sat there shocked. I couldn't leave the base! Well, I guess it could have gone worse. I could have been suspended. I could have recievved a howler.

But what was the big thing that might happen this summer that was mentioned. For the first time I didn't want to be a t Hogwarts. It was finally dawning on me how much I miss whenever I come here.

I sighed and folded up the letter. I slipped it into my pocket and continued eating breakfast.

----------------------------------------------

"What do you think Lockhart will be like?"
I asked Ron and the gang as we walked to class.

"I think he will be wonderful."
Hermione said, getting a dreamy look in her eyes.

I gave Harry a confused look.

"Hermione fancies him."
Harry explained.

"I do not!"
Hermione defended.

Ron rolled his eyes.

We walked into class. I dropped my bag
That was to heavy from all the books about Lockhart.

As soon as everyone filed in and sat down, Lockhart stood behind his desk.

"Hello class, I was so happy when I was confronted to teach the most talented witches and wizards around."
He said flashing a extremely bright smile.

"Before we start today you will be taking a short quiz."

He started passing out the tests and I glanced at Hermione. She was hanging Ono his every word.

When I got my test I couldn't suppress a groan. The entire test was trivia questions about himself.

I started on the first question:

Where did Lockhart defeat his first vampire?

"Third person alert."
I whispered to Ron.

He failed to hide his snickers.

The entire test went on like that. Looking at the teacher in front of me I had a every hard time believing he really did all the things he said he did.

Once we had all finished and passed in the tests, he proceeded to grade them.
I impatiently tapped on my desk.

"Hmm, it seams you all did very poorly. Well everyone except a Hermione Granger. Actually, she got full marks. Hermione would you please raise you hand."

Hermione's hand shot up faster then I have ever seen before.

"Very good job, you even knew what I would want for a birthday present."

Hermione blushed.

Ron groaned and rolled his eyes.

Someone's jealous I thought.

Lockhart started another dramatic speech and uncovered a cage with pixies in it.

"Pixies how scary."
I heard Ron mutter sarcastically.

I had to agree with him. But then when the cage was opened the pixies went wild. They started destroying everything.

Lockhart tried to stop them but they grabbed him wand and through it out the window.

"Class dismissed!"
Lockhart yelled over the hubbub.

As Ron, Hermione, Harry and I tried to leave Lockhart stopped us.

"Could you get the pixies under control."
He asked.

We ended up staying an extra hour getting all the pixies back In Their cage.

...........................................................................................................

Hey everyone, sorry the chapter took so long. Schools been hectic and I haven't had much time for anything.

Forever and Always,

Me