Essays

It was almost lunch time and I sat with Ron and the gang. We talked about nothing important and made a few snide remarks about Malfoy. Every now and then Ron spit out a few slugs, which was gross but bearable.

We had barely set a foot out of the dining hall when Grandma ( McGonagall) rang out.

"Potter, Weasley, Barton-you will both be at my office at 7:00 for your detention."

Ron groaned. "What do you think she will make us do?"

"Beats me." I said passively.

"I hope it has nothing to do with cleaning."
Ron complained.

"I wouldn't mind cleaning. I did a lot of it at the Dusley's."
Harry commented.

..................................................................

It was almost 7:00 and Harry, Ron and I were reporting to Grandmother's office.

Grandmother looked up from the papers she was grading and studied us as she pulled down her glasses.

"What are we doing, Professor?" said Ron, nervously suppressing a burp.
"You will be polishing the silver in the trophy room with Mr. Filch,"

Ron seemed ok with the outcome.

"Without the use of magic." She added.
Ron instantly started to argue. But Grandmother ignored him and moved on.

"Potter, you will be answering fan mail with Lockhart." Ron and I sniggered behind our hands. At least we will all be suffering.

"Please Professor, can I do anything else? Could Ron and I switch?"
Harry begged.

Grandmother shook her head and told him that Lockhart had asked for him specially. Of course he did. She moved onto me, I was anxious to see what I would be doing.

"Barton, you will be writing a 1,000 word essay explaining why what you was wrong or why you regret doing it if you are so narrow minded you do not see your error. Also included in the essay will be all of the alternative ways you could have solved the problem without breaking any rules. You will not leave this office until that is done."

"Could I switch with her?"
Harry asked. Everyone ignored him.

Ron and Harry left to do their various tasks, while I stayed in that office till 10:00pm writing about how much of a horrible person I was.

After three hours I handed my paper to Grandmother. She accepted it without looking up. I walked back to the Common Room to be greated by Harry and Ron.

"Aww you waited for me. How sweet."
I teased.

"When you were in detention, did you here a voice saying. Come ... come to me ... let me rip you ... let me tear you ... let me kill you .... Or other things like that?"
Harry asked as he anxiously rubbed his eyes.

"Um... no. Harry are you ok? Your acting weird."
I told him. Ron and I shared a worried look.

"Detention was terrible. It took me an hour just to clean that giant Quidditch trophy."
Ron complained.

"You think that was bad? Try writing an essay for three hours straight."
I challenged.

"I had to answer fan mail with Lockhart."
Harry complained.

"Did he go on and on about himself all night?"
I asked.

"Yep"

"I can't believe Hermione fancies him. It's pathetic really."
Ron complained, we all laughed.

Hermione walked into the Common Room. We all stoped laughing.

"You should really go to bed."
Hermione advised.

"She's right you guys, I'm beat. See you in the morning."
I stated.

Some goodnight were chorused as I got up from the couch. I followed Hermione up to the dormitory. I quickly took a shower abd changed into my PJs. And hopped into bed. I muttered a good night to Hermione. Then fell asleep as my cat cuddled next to my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**************°****************

Hey everyone, how long has it been. I have been having server writers block for this book so comment any ideas you might have. If you choose to use your idea I will dedicate a chapter to you. Also comment who you think Kendra should end up with, it can anyone from marvel or Harry potter. I made a poll for it on Quotev. I have a link to my Quotev account on my profile if anyone wants to do that.

Forever and always,

Me.