Submission

I was feeling lonely and cold though the waning sun caressed my skin a little as I sat next to Alderon's grave. My birthday had been last night and the party was nice, I got many silly little gifts but something was missing. Quite a few faces gone, people who never came back from the war. I wished I could see Kall who I'd been allowed to talk to only just inside his chamber door with a handful of guards standing around me.

I wanted to be back in time, back when things seemed simpler. The stable master came to sit next to me and eventually I was tucked under his arm against his side. "You really miss him." Dannale said softly. I nodded, holding back my grief.

"Yes, I do. It's more than that though, I'm lonely." I confessed. He sighed very decidedly and hard.

"I understand, you know if you ever...I think I'll be quiet because it might be treason if I keep going." He replied chuckling. I laughed a little.

"I know how you think and it has to be illegal or immoral somehow." I said feeling my face get warmer.

Dannale cuddled me and made me feel better but I just didn't feel the sparks fly when he tried flirting with me. He was a sweet man though, he made me forget how sad I'd felt and I started thinking of better things to do. Mother and Father were not here...both were in the great theater in the heart of the kingdom, watching the night's entertainment. That or at the arena, mother never cared for that so much though.

It was just getting dark and I was ready to be a little braver tonight. I crept down the hall to the guards at the doors of the west courtyard room. I gave the first one a big smile. I knew him, James. He smiled lightly but didn't speak.

"I'm going in to see Kall, don't bother keeping up with me...he won't hurt me. Stand around in his room and wait if you like but I'm going in." I ordered. James puffed out an unhappy breath but stepped aside for me. His partner on the other side of the door didn't even say anything. He stepped out of my way.

I found his room empty so I walked out into the yard. The green all around me, the night sky above me...it felt wild and alive. I chilled, my skin got very tight and I shivered. I knew he was close.

"Must you stalk me or will you just come talk with me Kall?" I asked the darkness loudly.

"I'm not stalking you. I'm standing still, just find me." His voice came back, not so soft as the last time I heard it.

"How, I can't see in the darkness nor track your scent?" I answered back.

"You're right you would just fall on your pretty face trying to find me then get away from me again." He said, suddenly right against my ear. His breath caressed my neck but he didn't touch me. He didn't stink now, he smelled like grass and earth. There was wine on his breath. I could feel the heat and weight of his body behind me. He was so close.

I blinked out at the darkness, listening to his deep smooth voice in my ear. He was tall enough his breath fell across the top of my ear and head and he seemed to loom over me a bit. I knew in the faint moonlight, this close I would be able to see him very well. I wanted to turn and look at him. He was a stunning creature once the stains of war were gone. With him so near, his breath tickling my neck and ear I was frozen however.

"I like seeing you come out on the balcony after everyone goes to bed at night. You are enchanting in your white gown, that by the way would actually protect your modesty better if the light from your room didn't shine right through it when the door is open behind you." He whispered. A deep chill gripped me all the way down my spine. My nipples hardened and I felt a heat between my legs a man's voice had never incited before. He chuckled darkly then licked my earlobe very quickly.