Falling

I was alone, silent in my room the next day. I'd been up for awhile but I just stayed in my room reading and thinking. I wanted no one today. It was just one of those days you want people to go away. I would get brought a guest eventually though.

A guard stood at my door with Kall. He wore a leather wrap, covered hips to knees. He knew better than to step foot past his door undressed. "The beast won't stop asking to go get you so I brought him." He explained. Kall darted into my room and was gone into the soft fur of my bed. He curled deep into it and covered himself. The guard shook his head slowly at me and I gave him wide eyes. He wanted to judge? He just stared back at me then nodded, expressionless. He walked briskly away.

"Kall...why are you here now?" I asked, looking down at him peeking out from under all my furs and blankets.

"I really missed you." He said bluntly.

I gave him shock. "You never...alright. I can hardly get angry at you for that."

He pulled me into the bed and curled around me, rubbing all the way down my body. "Kall, no. Execution...remember?" He growled against my neck.

"Yes, death first you." He groaned. The heat of his breath was lovely here where the fur captured it.

"Kall, get out of the bed or let me out." I warned him.

"No, I want to hold you. We're dressed. Just Shh." He replied, sounding tired.

I lay quiet and still and he was so still behind me I wondered if he fell asleep. "I like the way it feels to just hold you, kiss your neck near your hair where you smell so sweet." He said finally. It seemed I'd made him want romance like he made me want sex.

Stillness gone I lay back with my head against him, my bottom tucked into his pelvis. He was melted to me. We were hiding under fur blankets. Did that make it better or worse? He fell silent. His arms held me firm, his face snuggling against the back of my neck. For awhile he lay just holding me. I couldn't help but feel bad about the way he seemed desperate to be with me this morning.

"I'm sorry, this is what you meant by pet. You ran to me and I never had to whistle. I never intended for you to really think like a pet." I said softly.

"My little lioness. I told you, you would find out something new about yourself and be able to bend people to your will. I was the first to be bent. You'll never be able to really tame me Demian. I'm always going to be wild at heart. You gave me a place I feel very safe in the middle of a truly bad situation though. Enough to keep living." He sighed, snuggling his face against me.

"Is this grateful acceptance of your position?" I asked.

I rolled over to face him and his frosty eyes. He smiled very gently. "No my queen...just gratitude for the time we've spent together. I would pay you a small tribute by taking you here, like a man in your soft bed. Actually be a tender lover with you. I know you'd like me to sometimes. It's just not what I'm compelled to do." He said very low.

"To make love here is far too dangerous, be content with holding me Kall."

I was lost in depths of blue. He blinked slow...licked his lip. I felt his warm breath tickle my neck. "Hold me this time Demian." He whispered. I pulled him close and he snuggled in between my legs but didn't try to penetrate me. He just lay pushed against me, our skin hot where it touched. I kissed his mouth and he slipped a hand under my dress to caress my skin softly. He kissed me very softly. Usually he was heated, rough and hungry.

"Are you finding there's a love story here after all?" I asked, whispering against his mouth. He froze, looking down at my eyes. Even his breaths on my chin stopped.