Concern

I woke slowly as the glow of dawn lit our tent. As I opened my eyes I found Annos blinking back at me drowsily and remembered there were two men in my tent. Kall was still asleep with his head on his brother's broad chest. "We should probably wake him up, we need to get back on the road." Annos said, looking down at his little brother with a soft smile.

"Wake up my sweet lion." I sang softly as I ran my fingers through Kall's hair. He shifted and his arm went around his brother, giving him a tight squeeze then he rolled to face me. His icy eyes were heavy, half closed but he scooted against me and kissed my neck.

"Good morning my queen. Thank you for letting my brother join us, I haven't slept that soundly in a while." He mumbled softly. I giggled.

"I can only imagine what the soldiers think." I replied.

"If they kept guard properly they know we just went to sleep." Kall replied kissing my face. Annos chuckled deeply.

"Come on children, time to get going." He said, sitting up.

The two men left me to dress and then I joined them around a small fire to have some breakfast. Soon we were on the road once more. Time seemed to pass faster listening to Kall and his brother talk constantly. Each night Kall and his brother would curl up together like two animals and I was happy to let them have their time. I slept against Kall or in his arms as his brother held him and often me as well. It was warm, safe and very comforting. Seeing him so happy made the lack of intimacy for the time being worth it.

On the forth night after Annos joined us I was awakened by him shaking me gently. I opened my eyes. "Demian I smell blood." He said. I sat up realizing my nightgown was soaked. Kall sat up and yanked back the blankets revealing I was drenched in blood from my lower belly to my thighs. My belly ached.

"Oh dear God." I said covering my face with my hands. Kall gently pried them away.

"Demian, little bird. This is not your maiden's blood. It's fresh." He said softly. I blinked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He gave me a worried look and tucked my hair back from my face.

"You're having a miscarriage." He stated.

"How could she have been pregnant?" Asked Annos, confused. Kall turned to his brother.

"She was assaulted by the royal stable master." He said very low.

Annos gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry Demian."

I looked down at my blood soaked night gown. "I'm bleeding quite a lot." I whimpered. Suddenly a sharp pain gripped my gut and I cried out. Kall pulled me close.

"Annos would you please tell the night watch guards that I need water put on the fire." He instructed his brother.

"Yes brother, I will also get some dragon fire fern to slow the bleeding. They grow all over these woods." He replied as he was heading out of the tent.

I whimpered as another pain gripped me and Kall held me, kissing my face. "Shh it's ok my lioness, this is a good thing. Now you have no decision to make." He soothed me.

"I'm scared." I said softly.

"I know, I know. Come let's get you out of the wet gown, you're going to freeze." He urged me. I let him pull it over my head and then he gathered me into his arms, wrapping the dry blanket around me.

"I'm going to bleed all over you." I complained.

"I don't care."

Soon Annos returned with a steaming tankard. "Luck have it they already had water on the fire. Demian drink this sweetheart. I put some honey in it so it shouldn't be too bitter. I'm going to go fetch a bucket of hot water so you can help her get washed up and into something dry and warm." He said as he handed me the hot cup.

"Thank you Annos." Said Kall, grabbing his brother's hand momentarily.

"Do you want me to get you something for pain?" Kall asked gently, looking at me with concern in his frosty eyes.

"Not unless it gets worse, I'll be ok." I replied, snuggling against him tightly. He rocked me very gently kissing my face and neck and said nothing, gripping my hand tightly when the pain came.

Eventually the pain slowed, dulling some and the bleeding ebbed for the most part. Kall helped me wash the blood off and dress in a dry gown, this time with undergarments padded with linen. He stripped the bloody blanket and fur from our bed and remade it then he pulled me down into the warmth with him and curled protectively around me. Annos returned after awhile and crawled in on the other side of me, wrapping his thick arm around me as well. I felt a bit better with them both holding me snugly.

Many hours later I woke to both the lionvayne men licking and nuzzling my neck. A hard chill ran through me. "This is rather close to being a sinful situation." I said very low.

"No one is thinking about carnal pleasures at the moment I assure you my lady." Replied Annos.

"We are worried for you, we are comforting our lioness, mine as a mate...his as a sister." Kall Explained. I tiled my head back and looked at Annos. His expression was worried, slightly grim.

"You are feverish." He said softly.

"I'm exhausted." I replied.

"We need to get on the road, we need to get to your aunt's were you can rest and recover." Said Kall and with that they both got up and began helping the men break down camp and get packed up. I lay in the bed as long as they let me but eventually I had to get up so they could pack up the tent and bedding. I felt a little weak and very tired. I lay down on the bench seat in our carriage and fell asleep again.