Chapter Nine: The Jamjora

The students somehow managed to make it out of the castle without being spotted. They met at the tree by Black Lake, some coming quietly, others not so much.

"Okay-"

"James! Shh!" Emily whispered harshly at the loud teenager.

James stuck his tongue out and Emily glared at him. "Anyways," James continued, his voice an almost whisper, "We have to feed our wands to the Jamjora before we can get into the maze."

"Screw getting into maze!" Trinity nearly yelled, eaning mors "Shh!"'s and glares from the rest of the group. She lowered her voice and asked, "Where is the maze hidden?"

"Not all that far into the forest," Scorpius replied. "I was exploring a few months ago and found it," he replied after noticing the others' questioning stares.

"Lead us to it, then," Selena challeneged.

                                                                                -_-_-_-_-

"I am Arleena, protector of the Jamjora. What business do you have here?" asked a woman with extremely long and wavy orange hair.

James opened his mouth to speak, but Emily cut him off. "We would like to enter the maze."

Arleena stared at the group. Suddenly, she laughed. "Oh, please, deposit your wands there," she pointed the a small tube, "for I doubt you'll all come out alive!" Her last few words faded as she disappeared and the large wooden doors clicked and unlocked. When they opened, they creaked.

Torches dimly lit the maze. It was all stone, and every step echoed. They came to a stop when Emily pointed out an old piece of parchment on the wall. "To put it simply," she turned back to the rest of the group, "This is were we split up into our pairs. It says one door will appear for each pair..."

Emily and James decided to enter their door last.

James turned to Emily. "Ready?"

She looked from James to the door. "Ready."