Chapter Fourteen: The Escape

James didn't knwo how he did it. He just managed to make his way threw the door before it slammed shut, crushing him beneath it. He breifly saw Emily throwing up, which he turned his head away from. He ignored the tanks. He could see from the corner of his eye who was in them, and it disgusted him.

C'mon, James! You've got this! He told himself, racing about the white steril room, stying not to be caught by the creatures lurking.

His eyes trailed around the buttons, trying to understand what they said. They looked like some sort of foreign writing. When he was sure none of the creatures were looking, he jumped from his hiding place behind the large painted steel bars and pressed as many buttons as he could.

Please, he thought, just let them out!

He watched as several things happened. Emily trashing as a creature pulled her from the place she stood. Five of his friends being swirling around in the tanks, the water sloshing. And nearly all of the creatures eyes on him, coming at him with slimey hands.

He pressed a few more buttons and watched as the glass slowly disappeared from sight. They just... vanished. The water fell, his friends falling with it.

"JAMES!" He turned to see Albus running towards him from the opposite side of the room. "James," Albus said, clearly out of breath, "Here."

"My wand?" James looked at it. "Thanks bro."

"No problem..." Albus said, looking around. "Help me get everybody elses wands to them."

"Okay!" James replied, blasting the creatures with any spell he could think of, just wanting to save his friends.

"Rose!" Albus yelled, throwing her her wand.

"Thanks Al!" she called back, catching it from the air and dusting off her sopping wet robes.

"Em! Catch!"

"Don't throw my wand, you git! I'm still trapped by the-- oh, never mind, then," she said, rubbing her wrists and looking at the creature on the ground.

                                                                                     ~_-_-_-_~

The eight of them stared at their work. "Are they... dead?"

"No," Emily shook her head, "They'll come back. But let's just get out of here. It's creeping me out."

"James... lead the way," Trinity said. She looked extermely tired, and her hair was matted with blood.

James nodded and led them away from the scene. "We'll have to swim. Can you guys make it?"

The other seven nodded.

"Good..." he said, swinging open the door with much force and jumping into the water.