Chapter Eleven: Blood of Blue

James and Emily sttod their ground and fought the shadowy figure. It didn't have a face, it was just a shadow. How could you fight something like that without a wand? James frowned at the sword. He needed his wand, just how would he get it?

"Ow," Emily said, learly out of breath.

James' eyes searched for the figure, but it was gone. He turned back to Emily, "What happened?"

"It slashed my arm..." she said, holding the cut. "And your face," she added as an after thought.

"Let me see," James said, removing Emily's hand from her arm. He knew she was right about his face; he could feel something sticky and warm running down his cheek. His eyes widened at the cut. It wasn't a cut-- it was too deep for that. And her blood...

Why was it blue? He reached up and touched his own cut, stinging it in the process, and studied it. Red.

What?

"Emily, is there a reason you have blue blood?"

"I think it's a side affect of the maze. But I'm not sure. I feel fine, though..."

James stared at her for a few seconds. That kiss never happened, he told himself.

Emily stared back at him. She was lying when she said she felt fine; she felt like she was going to pass out.

                                                                                   -_-_-_-

Rose yawned. "How long have we been in here? Why did we even come here, actually? It's not like we needed to or anything."

"Rose, shove it."

"That's not very nice, Al."

"C'mon, let's hope someone reached the middle of the maze."

"Why?"

"I just found the exit." He pushed on it, but it wouldn't budge. "I guess no one-" he stopped talking and saw a message, written in blood, appear on the exit.

Every soul must shed a tear

Every body shall shed their blood

"Oh, that sounds fun," Rose said sarcastically. She began to look around for something sharp. "We need to cut ourselves..."

                                                                                     -_-_-_-

"Is that-"

"-the statue?"

"I think so."

"Let's go!"