Chapter Thirteen: Falling into the Depths

I am in the writing mood! YUSH! <3 So, here's chapter thirteen~!

Chapter Thirteen: Falling into the Depths

She couldn't breath. She just felt... numb. Everywhere. And it was dark. There was no light to guide her safely to the surface of the now choppy water.

She opened her mouth to breath, not realizing where she was. When she sucked in the water, she began to struggle, her hands moving to close around her neck. I need air! A voice in her head screamed.

She felt something that felt like... arms... wrap around her. She screamed, though it was muffled by the cold waters surronding her.

Upwards. She was moving up from the depths of the water. And then she was pulled back down by something gripping her ancle. It felt dead, cold, slimey, and... evil.

Emily struggled again, feeling like she was being torn into two. She had grown used to no air, drowning actually felt kind of good. The arms from around her slowly let go, as if the person, or thing, hugging her so tightly had fallen unconcious.

The hand pulling at her ancle continued until they were at the the bottom of the small lake. She felt herself slipping as she fell further. The hand, or well, whatever the hand was, showed her no mercy.

Her eyes began to close, but then she could breath again. Air!

She coughed, leaning over and feeling water spill from her lungs. When her eyes opened, she saw her surrondings. Where was she? She didn't know. But she saw several... Emily didn't know what they were. Green, slimey... things. Her eyes trailed throughout the rest of the room, landing upon the tanks. They were full of clear water. She blinked and looked again. Inside on them were people. Some struggling to escape, others still, as if they had passed on.

She threw up when she saw who the five people were.