one ↠ photography

tiptoe on a tight rope,
falling's only natural,
just spread your wings and fly.
Pentatonix | Na Na Na

Mitch Grassi's POV

Ugly.

Anorexic.

Faggot.

Too skinny.

Horrible.

Liar.

Suspect.

Horrifying.

Gay.

Disgusting.

I'm done. I can't be myself anymore. I can't be me. I can't.

I can't take any of this anymore. The hatred towards me is obvious that nobody wants me here. It's obvious they'll only love me when I'm gone, so I need to go away.

I need to be gone.

I need to disappear.

I need to die.

***

Scott Hoying's POV

I was kind of in shock after that Mitch incident. Although I would like to say that I had completely forgotten about it, I hadn't.

It had been a week since. I didn't see him around. I heard the rumors; LA news flies fast, so when none of it was about anyone dying, I was relieved.

I got out of bed since I needed to apply for a job today. Sigh. I put on my red "Flawless" flannel, some black skinny jeans, a pair of black converse and a cougar-print snapback.

I made sure I looked decent, leaving my apartment and heading towards the place I was going to apply for, which was Kaplan's Magazine.

It was a tough shot, but as a dream photographer, I wanted to work there. I didn't want to be paparazzi... I wanted to be a photographer. There was a gigantic difference. Paparazzi snooped in celebrities's personal lives, whereas photographers rarely focused there. I was hoping to become a photographer, but if I can't, I'd apply for the editing job.

Before I even realized it, I was there. I walked in, surprised at the glass walls they had. They seemed to like the material.

I awkwardly walked up to the secretary. "Uh, hi," I smiled at the man. He smiled back, "Hello. Who're you looking for?" His name tag read 'Kevin Olusola'. "I'm looking for Mr. Kaplan?" I asked. He nodded, "Floor two, room B."

I nodded back, leaving him for the elevator. I smashed the 'second floor' button, awaiting the elevator to elevate.

It stopped on the correct floor (I think anyways) and I looked for room B which wasn't that hard.

I softly knocked and a man opened the door. He was shorter than me, seeming to be at least 5'11 as I was 6'3. He had a trimmed beard, dark hair that seemed to be very long and his eyes were a hazel type of green.

"Hello, I'm assuming you're Hoying?" He asked. I nodded at the man that I think was Mr. Kaplan, or Avi.

He let me go in. A woman and small man were sat in there as well, one blonde and the other brunet.

"This is Kirstin and Mitchell," he said, pointing to the two at the computers. I could see Kirstin, but not "Mitchell".

"They're my assistants," he explained. I nodded. "Sorry! Hi," Kirstin looked behind herself and waved at me. I smiled at her nice gesture, "Hello."

The man, Mitchell, seemed to freeze. The typing stopped as he hid in the computer a bit more. I didn't question it.

"Mitch, are you okay?" Kirstin asked him. Mitch? Mitch...

Mitch.

"Mitch?" I said softly.

I heard him sigh as he stood, "Hello, Hoying."

There he was: Mitch Grassi; the man I had 'saved' at the bridge earlier that week. His dark fringe fell perfectly across one of his eyes, a strand not in place. His chocolate brown eyes stared into my blue ones. I was going to speak, but Mr. Kaplan interrupted.

"So, Scott, what place would you like to apply for?"

***

I got the job as a photographer; he ordered for me to start with taking photos of nature or anything beautiful as a warm up.

But the thing was: Mitch had to be there as I was. He had to observe everything I did.

As Mitch and I were walking out of Kaplan's Magazine, someone's voice stopped me. "Scott!"

I looked behind me and saw that Kirstin girl. Mitch already left. She was rushing to me. I gave her an odd look, "Yeah?"

"Uh, how... how do you know Mitch?" Kirstin asked.

"Um, w-we... I... I don't remember," I lied.

She frowned, "Alright then. But don't you know about his reputation here?" Kirstin asked. I nodded, "I do."

"Aren't you afraid of what people would say?" She gave me a concerned look. I shook my head, "No. I don't care."

She smiled a bit, "Well, I wish you luck on that project with him," she winked. I felt myself fluster, "Thank you," I said and went back outside but stopped abruptly when Mitch was leaning against the door, watching the entire thing.

"Thanks for lying," he said emotionlessly. I nodded, "No problem."

He pointed to the door, "Let's go."

***

Both Mitch and I ended up at the waterfall. It's really pretty.

"Do your thing," Mitch smiled.

I gripped my camera and pointed it to the waterfall, pressing a button. It then made a beeping sound, resulting in the photo being taken. I looked at it and the picture wasn't blurry luckily. "Can I see?" Mitch mumbled, probably not wanting me to hear. I nodded, giving him the camera.

He looked at it and a small smile was tugging at his lips, "It looks really beautiful."

I nodded with a smile, staring at him, "Yeah, it does."

He looked up and blushed immediately, "Uh, so wh-where to next?"

I looked around, "Anywhere else that's beautiful you know of?"

He thought for a moment, "That bridge," he mumbled.

I nodded, "Let's go, then."

We began to walk there and I decided that it wouldn't hurt if I started a conversation.

"So, Kirstin—" he stopped me, "You can call her Kirstie."

I nodded, "Okay, so Kirstie told me that you're disliked. You told me that too, yeah?"

He nodded, urging for me to continue. "I was just wondering... why?"

He stopped, causing me to stop. He smiled at me, "I'm disliked for my sexuality, which is gay, and style type," he said.

I frowned, "That's stupid."

He nodded with a sigh, "I know."

I had a feeling that wasn't the only thing he was disliked for, but I kept any further questions to myself.

***

a/n:: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE/CHRISTMAS

I'm sorry that this is short, but I had to wrap it up. ANyWAys, what do y'all think so far? I hope it's good.

:-) bye guys <3 have a good Christmas!