twelve ↠ christmas eve

you think this is a game
you ain't gon' win
cause i'm the ref
Pentatonix | Ref

Scott Hoying's POV

{a/n: time jump to Christmas Eve because y knot}

I bit my lip, wondering if I should arrive at Avi's place for the party. He said he wasn't going to force Mitch and I to talk, but I wanted to. I needed to.

I just didn't know how.

I pulled on my jeans and dark blue sweater that wasn't very Christmas-y, but I figured it was good enough.

Grabbing my keys and shoving my shoes on, I was leaving my house and heading for the address that Avi had previously given me. I needed to apologize to Mitch and at the party was probably a bad idea but I had to ASAP.

I got in, started to drive and made sure my radio volume was muted since I really couldn't care less about whatever was happening in the world of news. Especially if the news consisted of anything about Travis Bush.

I remembered I had to pick up Alex. We had exchanged numbers sometime last week and I texted him for his address, so I headed there (which, luckily, was close to Avi's place) and soon I was parked in front of the man's house. I got out, walked up to his doorstep and knocked on his door. I heard some footsteps before a 'shut the fuck up, Mittens,' and out came the guy I was supposed to take to the party. He was ready, it seemed, wearing black skinny jeans and a black coat that covered him so I had no idea what he was wearing under it. "Hey," I smiled. He grinned at me, mumbling a 'hi' before constantly checking the ground as he walked out, so I assumed he had an animal he had that he didn't want to leave the house. Most likely a cat.

We walked to my car and I got in the driver's as he got in the passenger's.

"So, you have a cat?" I asked after starting to drive. He nodded, "Yeah. She's a pain in the ass sometimes. What about you? Any pets?"

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm wanting a cat, though."

"You should get one," he smiled, "They're attention-hogging assholes but they're still better than humans."

I chuckled, "Probably."

Soon we were there since he lived close and we got out as soon as I parked, exiting my vehicle with Alex and knocking at the door to which Avi answered.

"Hi," Alex and I said at the same time, him cheery and me neutral. Alex laughed and Avi let us in.

Decorations everywhere. Big house.

Big house.

Green, white, gold and red lined the house. Whether it be an ornament, a tree or a window, everywhere it something that consisted of at least one or more of those colors.

"Hey guys," Avi smiled and as I walked in, I saw Mitch, Travis (ugh), Kevin, Kirstie, and some other people I had not met before.

I awkwardly looked at Mitch and he was staring but quickly looked away and to Travis like he had the previous weeks before. Travis was clenching his fists at the fact Mitch wasn't paying attention. I wanted to go up there and tell him his dad should've paid attention when using the damn condom, but I figured it might look a bit... bad.