• epilogue •

like a myth, the story of our lives
couldn't fit in only black and white
if it's true that legends never die
me and you could stand the test of time
Pentatonix | Rose Gold

Scott Hoying's POV

Oh God. What if I screw up? What if I stutter? Shit, what if he says no?

Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin gave me full support through this, but if I somehow fuck the moment up, I'm sure he'd reject me and probably avoid me like the plague.

"Calm down, Scott. You've been together now for what, three years? I'm sure he'll accept," Kirstie comforted me.

"Yeah," Avi started. "Mitch would never say no."

Kevin shrugged, agreeing with them both. "Try it."

I nodded furiously. "Okay, okay. I'll do it."

Kirstie squealed, then took my hand and led me to one of the rooms she wanted us in so she could "make me look amazing" and so I waited as she brought out a bag from her closet. Yes, we were in her house.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed, throwing the bag at me. "Go get ready!"

I nodded nervously and rushed into her bathroom as I took out the clothes she had given me. Stripping of my previous clothes, I put the new ones on and I don't think I recognized myself for just a millisecond. It was just some black skinny jeans and a muscle tee with a black jacket over it. It fit well, and that surprised me since Kirstie didn't know what size I was.

I came out and she clearly approved as she nodded and forced me to sit back in the chair I was previously in. She then faced me to the mirror and started to 'fix' my hair, and I watched her carefully. When she was done, she let it fall slightly to the side and it looked a little messy, like I just ran my hand through it. I grew a scruff over the past year, and Mitch liked it so I kept it. I had grown to like it, too.

After more 'editing' if that's what you'd call it, she was done. I smiled at my own appearance since I didn't look as bad as I thought I would. "Go on that date," she winked. I noticed it was nearing the time I had to go, about 7, so I began to leave after thanking Kirstie, Kevin, and Avi.

Feeling nerves take over, I attempt to calm myself down as I drove to the restaurant. Oh gosh. Please say yes, Mitch. I hope you do. This will be super embarrassing if you say no. I've been wanting to do this for a year now, and since I have a little bit of the courage, you better say yes, I kept repeating in my mind.

Making it there without realizing it, I quickly got out, my heart's beat increasing with every step I took.

"Scott?" Mitch spoke. I finally looked to where his voice was, and I grinned when I did. He looked amazing, with a long black dress-type of shirt that ended at his knees as he had similar black jeans as mine on. I leaned in and gently kissed his lips, then we both sat down at the table, with barely anyone in the restaurant.

Here goes nothing.

"Mitch, can I say something real quick?" I asked, and he looked up to nod. I pursed my lips, then spoke. "I love you, a lot. I do," I sighed, "but—"

"I get it," he instantly spoke and he suddenly became sad. I widened my eyes. Does he not want to? "What?" I asked, my voice croaking. "I know you want to break up with me. I know it was such a chore. I'm sorry you had to deal with me—" but then I let out a long laugh. He stared at me with such a puzzled face that it became adorable to me.

"No, no, Mitch," I chuckled, "That isn't it. Uh, let me just..." I got up, then walked over to his side of the table, and got down on one knee as his eyes just got bigger and my cheeks got redder. I pulled out what I bought earlier that week, and I looked up at Mitch as I felt everyone that was in the restaurant's stare on me. I took the velvety box out of my pocket.

"Uh, hello. So we've been together for a very long time, right? Yeah, haha," I swallowed. "I was thinking about this for a really long time and I knew that I didn't want to wake up in the morning without you by my side, and the only way I do is if you're right by me. I want to comfort you when you need someone most, and I want to be the one to find your smiling face when I come back from somewhere. I want us to have those really cliche moments and I don't want them to be with anyone except you, so, uh," I looked from the box in my hand to him. "Will you become Mitch Grassi–Hoying?"

Mitch was in full out tears as I finished. I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing, but when he stood up, frantically nodded his head, and jumped on me with a big hug, I figured it was positive.

My arms were around his small waist and his were around my neck as he had to be on his tippy-toes to reach my face. He pecked me and nuzzled his face in my shoulder as an applause from people in the room was heard. His tears wet my shoulder but at that moment, I didn't give a flying fuck.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear, his breath fanning it. I sighed of happiness, and a grin took over my features. "I love you too, Mitch Grassi–Hoying."

***

💞 a/n:: THE END 💞