twenty two ↠ wake

don't say you're sorry
you never had to be alone
To The River | Pentatonix

Mitch Grassi's POV

Staring at Scott as Kirstie blabbered on and on about whatever, I slightly jumped when I felt his hand that was entwined in my own twitch.

"Mitch? What happened?" She stared at me and his hand. "Uh, I don't know..." I looked to Scott's face, and he was furrowing his eyebrows. "What the hell? Is that supposed to happen?" I asked, my heartbeat suddenly picking up as a stray tear pricked out of the corner of my eye.

Kirstie rushed out of the room, most likely to get some nurse or doctor, and I slightly shook Scott's hand. He twitched it again, and when he did, a male doctor and Kirstie came running through the door as the doctor looked at the blond on the bed. It had been nearly a month — I was surprised when I felt movement, to say the very least.

"This..." The doctor started. "Is actually a very, very good sign," he grinned.

He did whatever he needed to, and as I stared in awe, the only thing I saw as the doctor continued testing him was the flutter of Scott's eyes opening. I froze, staring at him as his eyes lazily scanned the room, and I didn't stop staring as my mouth was slightly opened, more than just a tear or two falling from my cheekbones. Oh my God.

"S–Scott?" I whispered so quietly that I was pondering if he even heard me. I didn't even spare a look at Kirstie as the doctor was slightly smiling, but soon he left the room, probably to get what Scott needed very much.

"Hi," Scott's voice was lower than normal. It was more groggy and tired. He must have been tired, very.

"H–hi," I whispered once more. I slowly stood up, and I looked at him, "May I hug you?"

He looked down at himself, moved a little, but then groaned in what seemed to be, pain. I bit my lower lip, knowing that was probably a no. The doctor returned with some other nurses, and I took that as a cue for me and Kirstie to leave, so she dragged me outside and embraced me in a giant hug as I sobbed of happiness into her shoulder.

"He's okay, Kirst," I murmured, clutching her. "Yeah. So why are you crying?" She smiled at me once I let go. "He's okay! That's why!"

She slightly chuckled, then we peaked inside the room. Scott was seeming a little drowsy, so he laid his head back on his white hospital pillow as three doctors crowded his bed, and him.

"That must be uncomfortable," Kirstie noted. I nodded in agreement, not speaking. Soon, after awhile, the doctors left the room and the one I talked to before told me we could go inside. So we did.

Scott was asleep again. I think it meant that I could, too, since I hadn't slept properly in weeks. I sat in one of the extremely uncomfortable hospital chairs, then sighed as I tried to make myself as comfy as I could get, closing my brown eyes. Kirstie must've left, since I didn't hear her following me.

Taking a deep intake of breath, I tried my best to fall asleep. And although it was uncomfortably, I did.

***

"Mitch?" Kirstie shook me awake. I opened my loopy eyes, then up at her as she smirked wickedly. Oh God, what is she up to now?