eleven ↠ alex

don't you know
that everything you've ever wanted doesn't have a price tag on it,
earn it first, don't have to flaunt it
what you've got is something flawless
Pentatonix | First Things First

Scott Hoying's POV

"Hello everybody," Avi smiled at everyone. I stared at him as we all just got here, completely confused as to what he is planning on saying. Mitch was across the room and I noticed we were both continuously glancing at one another. How couldn't I? Have you seen Mitch Grassi?

It was hard to focus on what Avi was saying, but once he mentioned Christmas, he immediately gained my attention. "I have decided that I am now hosting a Christmas party in less than a week, on Christmas Eve. Obviously. I would love it if you brought somebody, and it will be at my house. I hope you bring one gift, and make sure it isn't for anyone in particular, because we're doing Secret Santa. I know it's a bit unprofessional, but this is about as professional as it gets around here," he winked. I rolled my eyes with a barely-there smile.

"That's all, everyone. If you don't know where I live, feel free to stop by my office and ask!" Avi then flashed another smile, walking away to the other side of the building, where the offices were located.

I didn't notice it once I first got here, but there are a lot of people that work here. A lot of which were guys. Although there were girls, like a woman that had similar features to Avi and another woman with reddish brown hair.

There were a lot of guys, like a man with reddish brown hair (but more brown than the woman's) and a mustache, a man that was blond-ish brunet that had no facial hair (he was quite attractive, honestly) and another that was a brunet with a beard that wasn't very long.

The blond-brunet man was looking at me a lot as I headed to where Avi was, but he stopped me, calling my name. "Scott Hoying?" The man said, loudly.

I stopped, turned, looked at him and mentally asked how he knew my name. "I know what you're thinking—how do I know your name?" He chuckled nervously, "Well, Avi and I are good friends and he talks about you a lot. He said you were a blond and had blue eyes, and you were the only man here that fit the description," he smiled, showing his perfectly white teeth.

"Yeah," I said, "I'm Scott. Who're you?" I asked curiously. He grinned, took out his hand and spoke once more. "My name's Alex, Alexander Kirk. I'm new here."

I shook it for a second or two and bit the inside of my cheek, "Well, it was nice to meet you," I said, noticing Mitch was eyeing us from the window with Travis as he desperately tried to gain his attention. "But I probably should go," I said, faking sadness. He seems like a nice guy, but I don't think that Mitch would approve. And I shouldn't be thinking that, because he's there with Travis, and I'm here with Alex. We should be able to talk to anyone whom we please, right?

I gave an apologetic look as slight sadness took over his demeanor. Why though? "Alright, see you, Scott," Alex, once more, smiled, and turned away, disappearing to another end of the building.

I looked at Mitch again, and I noticed the irritated look on his face as he ignored everything Travis was saying, although he was staring at him as if it were interesting. Travis was utterly oblivious to his complete irritation, speaking quickly about whatever.

I looked away as I became flustered and took off to my office, ready to make sure the photos both Mitch and I took weren't bad... and to get out of that room.

***

The day went agonizingly slowly for me. Mitch and I always caught ourselves looking at each other, making us both flush, Mitch angry and me sad. He hates even looking at me, but he doesn't stop.

I was about to leave before I saw Kevin and decided to talk to him since we haven't in awhile. I smiled at him, "Hey, Kev."

Kevin looked up from the computer in front of him, recognition crossing him and he gave me a smile as well, "Hi, Scott. What brings you to the Kevin abode?" He dramatically gestures to the desk he was at. I laughed, but pursed my lips. Maybe I should ask him for help.

"You probably know this already, but Mitch and I are sort of... arguing, at the moment," I shifted on my feet. "And I was wondering if you knew how I could fix it? I miss talking to him," I said quietly. "But he has been stubborn."

Kevin sighed, but a small smile was tugging at his lips. "I'm glad you care, Scott. But even though I have known Mitch for years, I have no idea what could possibly make him forgive you and you forgive him for whatever you've been fighting about," he stated.

"I think we're both confused on how we feel about each other," I looked down to my hands. "I do think I like him... a lot. He brings out this side of me I never knew existed," I smiled.

Kevin seemed to smile as well, "That's true, Scott, but maybe you should rethink how you say them to people. You sort of snapped when he nearly tried to kind of fix things."

I bit my lip, "I didn't know... I was hurt, okay? I didn't know what to say, what to do. I didn't know, Kevin. I don't know."

He pursed his own lips, "Give him time, then. And yourself some, too. You both need it."

I smiled a genuine smile, "Thanks."

He grinned, "No problem, Noodle. Now go find yourself that date for Avi's Christmas party. I saw you and that new guy," he didn't mean it in a rude or pressurizing way. Just gave me an option. I once again smiled for what seemed like the hundredth time today, looking around and going up to where Alex went before. I sent a wave to Kevin after he told me the door, and I knocked on the door softly. "You can come in!" Alex's all too cheery voice said.

I entered and he seemed pleasantly surprised. "Hi, Scott."

I smiled, "Hey. Uh, can I ask you something?"

He lightly smiled, "You just did."

I chuckled, "No, no... uh, do you want to go to Avi's Christmas party with me?"

Alex widened his eyes, seeming taken aback. "I... yeah, sure. Why not," a grin plastered his face.

I smiled, but even though all of my smiles today were genuine and real, I felt as if that one was fake and forced.

***

a/n::
happy little pill (superfruit)
is my
weekly
obsession
now

what about you guys?

ALSO; SUPERFRUIT FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER I CRIED FOR AN HOUR AND COULDNT BREATHE UGH

and sorry for the short chap and slow update <\3