nineteen ↠ sleep

if you're scared of the darkness

i will calm your fear

there's a light in the hallway

so you know i'm here

Pentatonix | Light In The Hallway

Mitch Grassi's POV

Scott was rambling on and on about how we should do something this weekend, like visit San Francisco or Bakersfield, although I wasn't keen on the idea. I just had a bad vibe. But he convinced me that we should for the very last photo we needed to take, and I was all for it then, because I didn't realize we only had one left and about six days. I guess time flies.

"Fine," I smiled as he jumped around excitedly. "You won't regret this!" He grinned. "We can go visit San Francisco and take a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge."

"Calm down, Scott," I laughed. "How long of a drive is it from here to there anyways?"

And then he pursed his lips, "Just six hours."

I groaned, "I better be getting something good out of this, then!"

"You will!" His then pursed lips tugged into a smile, "We could do anything you want afterwards."

"Good," I smirked. I could get revenge by teasing him like I did last time or something. "Alright. When should we leave?"

"In about, say, two hours? We need to get ready and stuff," he shrugged. I nodded, "Okay. How long will we be staying?"

"Maybe a day or two? You decide," he said. I shrugged, "We can stay two days."

"It being a Friday, that's fine," he smiled. "And Avi can't kill us because we'll be doing work in San Francisco."

"What about Kirstie and Kev? Won't they miss us?" I teased. He shrugged, "Probably not. It's not like we'll be dying or anything."

"True," I smiled, but the bad feeling came back. Oh God, what if something bad happens? Calm down, Mitch, nothing bad will happen. You'll arrive to San Francisco with your boyfriend and take pictures of that stupid bridge that he wanted to visit as you complain the entire time and rant on and on about how Wyatt--Wyatt! "Who's going to take care of Wyatt?!" I screeched. Scott jumped at my tone, and looked to me before laughing. "Kirstie or Kevin can."

I sighed, "Fine, fine."

"Go get ready," he said. "I'll come get you in an hour."

***

Eventually, after some time of me waiting for Scott to hurry his blonde ass, he came, helped me with my bags, and we were about to set off after I sent a text to Avi, Kevin and Kirstie, telling them that we'll be gone for a few days - two at most.

Kirstie texted back with a "use protection", Avi with a "can't wait to see what you get", and Kevin with a "be safe". I texted them each individually, responding with sass to Kirstie, enthusiasm to Avi and a smiling emoji to Kevin. "Ready?" Scott asked me as I got in the passenger's side. "Yeah," I mumbled, "I brought a cooler with a bunch of food and drinks just in case," I said, handing up the cooler and pushing it into the back seat. Scott entered and smiled, "Good, because we're only stopping if you need to use the bathroom."

I grinned. Luckily, we were leaving at about four, so we'd get there at ten at the least since he had said six hours. Before I left my house, though, I did kiss Wyatt goodbye, even though I would only be gone for two days and he refused to let me hold him, so I got a few scratches on my hands now.