twenty four ↠ end

take me away from here
to a place where my feelings don't go to waste
we were in the atmosphere
flying high above the stars that shone on his face
Pentatonix | Love Again

Scott Hoying's POV

It was time for Mitch and I to give Avi our photos from the "Inner Delicacy" project, now that it was nearing February. We were going to give him the pictures earlier, but considering what happened to me, he obviously let us do it later. To say we were nervous was an understatement. We were also going to announce our relationship to Kevin, Kirstie, and Avi.

As they all looked over the pictures, Mitch held my hand tightly, as if he somehow knew that he wouldn't like them, or had the feeling he wouldn't. Avi and Kirstie looked up, while Kevin kept looking through them.

"Let's start with the first picture you guys took, according to the date in the corner," he said.

"This one is of a simple waterfall. I appreciate it, I do. And at first, I thought it was bland. Boring," he said, smiling at the photo in his hands. "But then I looked closely and saw the beauty of it. I felt like I was there with you two, watching the fall as well. So I will be using this one."

I grinned, clearly happy. Avi took another, then smiled a little more. "These two are of the sunset on top of this building and a regular sunset on a hill, yes?" I nodded. "The colors contrast perfectly. I can imagine it, and I'll also use these."

"Now this," he said, taking out the star-wall one. "I've never seen this before. I think it may be my favorite," he grinned. "But then I saw the other pictures and couldn't decide for myself."

He took out yet another, "This one is of Mitch, and I was quite confused when I saw it in the pile."

Mitch widened his eyes, then immediately looked to me as I smirked. Then Kirstie added, "And I think it's time people saw him for his true beauty?"

"Of course," he said. "And that's why I'm making an article in the magazine for him and your relationship, Scott."

I widened my eyes, both of us in shock, and I felt like my insides were turning into a zoo. Oh god. He knew about us. I should've known.

"Our r-relationship?" Mitch asked, his hand leaving mine, making mine empty. He smirked, "I know you're together."

Mitch sighed, then Kirstie squealed as Avi and Kevin just smiled at the two of us. I took his hand again, slightly swayed it, and gave him a grin as his cheeks turned pink.

"Onto the next," Avi continued. "This one is of another wall, the people one. It's interesting, I think. It's like an evolution," he stated.

I nodded, then he spoke once more, "I'm using it. Now for the next," he said, handing Kevin the one he previously had. "This one is of another wall, one with a bunch of gems like diamonds and rubies. It's very beautiful. I think I'll use it, maybe add a page about the three walls."

Mitch gave my hand a tight squeeze, then I sighed happily as Avi grabbed another one. "I've also never seen this one before, Mitch," he said, handing it to us. "What is it? A cottage?"

He nodded, "Yeah. It's been there for years. There isn't a lot of people there, if any, only one or two."

I wanted to say we didn't see any, but I only went there once, so I kept my mouth shut. "Yet another Mitch photo," he laughed. I shrugged, not replying to his statement. "I'm not surprised. This'll be added to the... what should we call them, Kirstie?"

She lit up like a candle, "Scömìche!"

"Alright," he laughed. "To the Scömìche category."

"Next up is my personal favorite!" Kirstie said, shoving the photo in our direction. "It's the San Francisco bridge one."

I melted as I looked at it, then to Mitch, and kissed the temple of his forehead as his blush only turned darker. "Yeah," I said. "It's got to be my third favorite."

"What's your first and second?" Kevin inquired.

I smiled at him, "The ones of Mitch."

Avi muttered something like "cheesy" and I immediately added, "Only if it has pepperoni," and Mitch snickered at it as the other three stood in utter confusion. "It's an inside joke," I said to them, and they slowly nodded, not questioning it.

"So," I said. "You're allowing all of the pictures to be used?"

He smiled as he nodded, "Most definitely."

Mitch squealed, clearly excited, and then engulfed me in a hug that nearly made me fall over. I laughed as his squeals faded, then he let go and grinned. "Tell us when it's ready."

I looked to Mitch, then to Avi. "Can I talk to you alone, Avi?"

Avi nodded, shooing everyone as Mitch looked at me in confusion, but obliged and left the room.

"Avi, can I write something in the Scömìche article? For Mitch?" I asked hopefully. His eyes glowed as he nodded, "Of course. Just tell me when it's done."

I nodded, left the room and continued my day with Mitch.

***

"What I don't think people understand about beauty is that it could last a lifetime but it has its limits or that it doesn't matter who you're attracted to, whether it be women or men. You can be physically beautiful but on the inside you'd be ugly, or the complete opposite. People will judge you based on how you look nowadays, and that hurts because the people that are labeled unattractive in today's world are the most attractive people there are. They fought a battle against society, which made them stronger than before. They may give up sometimes, they might just cry, but don't even tell me that you haven't. Do not tell me you haven't cried, whether it be about how you look, how you are, or how, according to people now, you don't meet the highest of the standards. This is what Mitch Grassi is. He's one of the strongest, if not, the most strong men I've ever met. You may think I feel obliged to do this, that maybe I'm forced to, but the thing is, he had no idea I'd be doing this. You know why? Because every day, if I'm gone and he needs me most, he could read this simple article in this magazine, and realize how utterly amazing he really is. My point, anyways, is that even if people like Mitch are labeled unattractive or sinful because of what or who they prefer, they're probably better than most people these days. Because they set their standards and expectations so high, that some people just give up. They don't care anymore. They think that even if they look better than usual, society will still judge every single little "flaw" they may have. This was the Inner Delicacy project. Judge what's on the inside. Don't base your thoughts on the outside. Now you may be wondering how amazing Mitch Grassi really is. And I'm about to tell you. He has this thing that when he laughs, he covers his mouth and his face gets red and he just looks overall adorable. When you tickle the life out of him, his squeals are the cutest thing you'd ever encounter. If you ignore him, he won't try to confront you, but give you space, and even if that could be a bad thing, he's trying, unlike a lot of people. If you even mention his good traits, he'd blush like crazy and lose it. He's so amazing and thoughtful, this man. He may be the one to "break Travis Bush's heart" but think about that right now. Would he ever try to hurt someone? Has he hurt you? Exactly. He thinks of others before himself. He makes sure not to screw anything up, but when he does, it ends up being a lot more attractive than you think. It reminds people like me that people like him, even if they seem flawless on the inside, they still fuck up. Travis Bush seems perfect to you all, and you know what? I even think he may have a good side to himself. But there is a layer of hatred on that man that will never be torn off. That's what society does to you. They make the nicest people turn into the meanest."

***

a/n:: holy crap this is the eND

but im adding an epilogue so keep this story in your library if you want to ((-: