seventeen ↠ pillow

we can be timeless
we can be classic
we can be stars
we can be rose gold
rose gold
Pentatonix | Rose Gold

Scott Hoying's POV

"No, Scott. I'm not doing it."

"Why not?" I groaned. I previously asked him if he wanted to do therapy because of his scars and stuff, and I personally thought he needed help with it, but he refused, like he is doing now. "Because I don't want some stranger to know about my personal problems maybe?!"

"Come on, Mitch! This will help you, and we both know you need it right now," I said softly, and he softened for a split second, but then he realized what he was doing. "No!"

"Fine, but we need to figure out how to help you then," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. This boy. "I don't need help! It was a one time thing!"

"It shouldn't be a thing at all!" I said back, which made him falter a bit. "It helps me cope," he whispered, probably to himself. I sighed, "I like you Mitch, I really do. But we need to stop what you've been doing to yourself," I stated, grabbing his wrists and tracing one, the fabric of his red sweater covering the scars. 

"I'll stop," he murmured, pulling his arm back and hiding it from me. 

"No, you won't. I know this will become some drug to you, Mitch, and you won't want to stop because you'd probably think it'll solve all of your problems. But in reality," I sighed, "It only causes more."

"You're some photographer at Kaplan's Magazine when you should be a therapist or some shit," he muttered quietly, staring at his hands. I chuckled, "I'll be your therapist."

"You're such a flirt sometimes," Mitch sighed, then hugged me for a good five seconds, letting go and leaving the room we were in, going to the kitchen of his house. "I know, but only when I'm around you," I winked, which caused him to blush a little. 

"Stop it," he said, grabbing some chocolate bar from above his fridge and opened it. I laughed, "You keep a stash of chocolate bars on top of your fridge?"

Mitch gave me a confused look, "You don't?"

I shook my head, "No. I don't think anyone does. Except you, anyways."

"They're weird then," he mumbled, grabbing another and tossing it to me as he left the kitchen once more and back to the previous room we were in. He sat on the couch, followed by me, and turned his TV on. I don't think he wanted to talk about his problem anymore. So we won't.

He turned SpongeBob on, which was no surprise, and he seemed like a child spotting a toy in a store as he watched it, completely intrigued and focused on what SpongeBob, Squidward, and Patrick were saying. His eyes glowed as if something bright were on them, when nothing was really bright at that moment. He was still hadn't started to eat the chocolate yet, and when he did, he didn't even realize it, which made this entire thing so much cuter. As quickly as I started to stare, though, he realized it and looked at me. I blushed, looked down at my lap and played with the bar's wrapper as he laughed quietly. He scooted over so he was closer to me, then laid his head on my shoulder as his side was almost touching mine. His right leg and knee were touching my left ones, and it sent electric shocks throughout my body. I smiled as I wrapped an arm around him, and he sighed, which made me stop. "What's wrong?" I inquired worriedly. "Nothing, just happy right now," he murmured, then placed a light kiss on my shoulder before looking back to the TV.

My shoulder tingled for awhile as the TV blared SpongeBob's theme song, Mitch humming along to it quietly. "You're cute," I said after awhile, purposefully making him flush. "Stop it!" Mitch threw one of the sofa pillows at me, which caused me to gape. "You threw a pillow at me."

"I threw a pillow at you," he got off of my shoulder slowly, probably sensing what I was about to do.

"You know what?" I said, then grabbed the remote, pausing the show. He widened his eyes, then backed up on the couch as I advanced towards him, grabbing a pillow. I smirked at him, which only made the excitement, humor and slight fear in his eyes glitter. "Scott Hoying, if you like me that much, then you need to put the pillow down," he said, getting off of the couch and continued backing away. I followed him, then threw the pillow at his side, which made him squeal and find another.

"Scott!" He yelled, throwing the soft pillow at me, which didn't hurt at all. It hit my stomach, then fell to the ground as I jogged to him, making him yell again, and then I picked him up. "What? No! This isn't fair!" He declared as I put him on the couch, him laying on it as I sat on his waist, beginning to tickle him.

"No! P-please!" Mitch's laughter filled my ears, making me grin from ear to ear as I continued to tickle him, but not roughly. "Do you apologize for hitting Scott Hoying with your pillow?" I inquired. He nodded furiously, laughing more. "Yes, yes I do! I'm sorry! Please f-forgive me!" He stuttered due to his random shrieks of laughter.

I stopped and smiled as he struggled to breathe. He closed his eyes for a moment, then opened them. He blushed, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before I realized our position, so I got off of him.

"Mitch?" I said as we both sat back up. "Hm?" He hummed.

"I like you," I said. "I like you, too," he said back, looking at me. Then I smiled, "Would you do me the honors of going out on a date with me, the man that tickled you until you couldn't breathe?"

Mitch's cheeks turned pink for what seemed like the eighth time that day, and he smiled as he nodded, "Yeah. I'd like that."

I smiled, "Okay. Tomorrow at 10 then? We can spend New Year's together. If you want, anyways," I asked, blushing at the end.

He nodded, "Yeah. Okay. Not like I was going to spend it with anyone in the first place," he said, then returned his head to my shoulder and made it stay like that as I played the show, listening to his quiet breathing and the sound of the character's voices with him.

***

a/n;;

it's short

yes

i know

i plan on getting chapter 18 done tomorrow & it'll be a lot longer too

if i don't, it'd probably be today

oh, and important n ews

I M PO RT ANT NWEWS

I AM MEETING PENTATONIX IN SEATTLE ON APRIL 27TH, 2016 DURING THEIR NEW TOUR AND OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE TO MEET Y'ALL IF ANY OF YOU ARE GOING!!! I'M GOING WITH FreakyFruitFly AND MY OTHER BEST FRIEND CASEY!!!!! WE'RE GOING TO MEET THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ADVICE ON HOW TO SEEM COOL??????????

OKAY BYE I LOST ALL MY CHILL GTGTG