fifteen ↠ starbucks

just your love and not another

cause your embrace keeps me warmer

could i tell you this time

how i wish you were mine

Pentatonix | Water

Scott Hoying's POV

I looked inside the coffee shop: Starbucks. As Mitch led me to the front counter, I chuckled at his excitement. He clearly wanted coffee. Once he approached the front desk with a slightly tired-looking teenage girl, she perked up at the sight of us. Or more likely, me. I ignored her amorous smile as Mitch ordered whatever he wanted and once it was my turn, she looked to me nicely. "And what would you like?" I read her name tag; Alaina, asked with a flirty tone in her voice. I recited what I wanted politely, grabbing Mitch's hand and she immediately noticed as she tapped the orders in. "You two are an adorable couple," the brunette smiled at us forcefully. Mitch smirked, kissed my cheek and I widened my eyes.

"Thank you."

He then dragged me to a table once we had gotten our orders, probably wanting to leave the young barista. "That was quite awkward," I pursed my lips. "Trying to flirt, I mean."

"Yeah, I'm honestly considering stapling a sign on you that says 'I'm gay, leave me alone,'" Mitch smiled. I laughed, "It would probably give me stares from homophobes."

"And that's a bonus!" Mitch smirked. I rolled my eyes playfully, "Of course homophobes staring you down is a bonus."

"It isn't to you?" He asked. I shrugged, "It's not like they're gonna come up to me and yell that I'm going to hell, right? So I don't care."

He shrugged as well, "You have a valid point."

After some silence and us drinking the coffee, I decided to slice the silence. "So, we're a couple now?"

He looked up, "I don't know. Are we?"

"I don't know."

"Well, we should figure it out."

"Maybe later, I want to continue drinking my coffee," I said, then sipped it. He nodded, "Okay."

Once we finished, he got up and I followed behind him. "We should actually do something today, other than mope around. Oh! You haven't met Wyatt yet, have you?" Mitch suddenly became a bit hyper. I shook my head, "I haven't. Who's Wyatt?" I felt a bit jealous. He smirked, "Let's go meet him and you'll find out!"

He led me outside and to his car again, and within a few minutes, he was driving. "So, uh, Wyatt?"

"Yeah..." He waited for me to finish. "Oh, nothing," I waved it off. I didn't want to seem rude or clingy. 

He soon ended up at his house and I felt my stomach churn with jealousy. It's fine, Scott, calm down. But why would Wyatt be at his house? Oh God.

"Come on! I need to feed him anyways. I forgot to this morning," he said and I widened my eyes. Feed him?

We entered his house and he looked around for Wyatt, calling his name. "Wyatt? Come here!"

He walked around and I followed him awkwardly. Suddenly, a hairless cat came strutting through a door and Mitch squealed at the sight of him, picking him up. "Scott, meet Wyatt."

Oh, Wyatt's a cat... "He's adorable!" I grinned and patted his head. "Really? Travis always hated him. Wyatt hated him, too," he smiled at me and Wyatt. "How could he hate this cat?" I rose an eyebrow as I took the cat from him. "I don't know, but I'm gonna go get his food. I'm positive he's in love with you," he chuckled before going into another part of his house. I pet the cat on its back and continued to until Mitch came back. I heard Mitch scream "Scott!" but it didn't sound like he was in trouble or anything, so I followed the noise and saw Mitch with food bowls on the ground. "Put him on the ground," he instructed and I did, and the cat immediately ran to the bowls and started eating. "He seems hungry," I mumbled. "He is," Mitch said and stared at the cat before looking back at me.

"Scott?" Mitch said and I looked to him, "Yeah?"

He walked up to me, pecked my lips and I widened my eyes. He smiled up at me, "Thanks."

My eyes were still big. "For what?"

"Not leaving," he suddenly hugged me.

I melted into his small hug, hugging him back. "I won't ever leave, I promise you that."

***

I was on Mitch's couch watching TV with the hairless cat when I heard singing in another room and I became curious. It sounded amazing so I gently placed the cat on the sofa while I followed the noise and it happened to be in Mitch's room, so I leaned my ear up against it, and sure enough, I heard Mitch singing. I knocked on the door softly after a few seconds, and the singing abruptly stopped at a halt. "Y-yeah?" Mitch stuttered, probably hoping I didn't hear him singing. "Mitch? Uh... you're really good, you know."

"A-at what?" Mitch asked immediately.

"Singing," I said after some silence.

He audibly sighed, "No, I'm not. Please don't lie," he opened the door and I looked at him, frowning. "You really are, I'm not lying. I could record you singing and you'll see how amazing you are, since your voice sounds different than what you hear and what I hear."

"Scott, I don't care how my voice sounds to you. I don't sing good," he insisted and I sighed, "Fine. Think that, but it's honestly the most beautiful sound I've ever heard."

He blushed, but kept a firm demeanor. "You're not being a good person with all these lies, you know."

"Oh my God," I groaned. "You're great at singing! I'm not lying, I promise," I said. "Fine, fine. I won't believe you but you're probably not lying anyways," he muttered the last part, stepping out of his room and closing the door, making us a lot closer than before.

I looked down at him as he looked up at me (considering the height difference) and his breathing hitched. I frowned, stepping back and he let out a small breath. "Why'd you hitch your breathing?" I asked quietly. "Have you seen yourself?" Mitch muttered. "You're intimidating, you know."

I frowned once more, "I don't want to seem intimidating to you, Mitch. That's the least I want to be to you," I sighed. He blushed, "It's fine, I'll get over it soon, it's just what I'm used to."

"Oh," I sighed, "That's not good. We need to do like, trust exercises and stuff. They sound fun, too."

He smiled, "We can, but I do trust you," he sort of sounded unsure of himself, so I shook my head, "We have to. I don't think you trust me."

"Okay," he whispered, probably to himself. "Right now?" Mitch asked. I nodded, "If that's okay with you."

"It's fine with me," he said, going around me and to another room. I followed him, and we were in the living room as Wyatt slept on the couch. "So like trust falls and stuff?" He asked and I nodded, "Yeah, like those."

"Alright, let's start," he said and I got behind him as he looked behind himself, "Tell me when you're ready," he said. "I am, just fall when you're ready," I instructed and he took a deep breath as my arms were open to him, ready to catch him. He began to fall and I caught him easily. He immediately stood back up and looked to me with a smile, "You didn't let me fall," he stated. I nodded, "Why would I?"

He froze for a moment, "Just like you didn't let me when I met you," he whispered so quietly that I barely heard it. I softened, but didn't speak. He looked back up at me, "Anyways, what's next?"

***

a/n::

I'm getting a new phone tomorrow/today (hopefully today) and I'm staying home from school because I'm being forced to? Why, mother????

Also, I honestly want to do smut for this book but I don't know if anyone's comfortable with it? And I don't know if I want my best friend reading it lmao. I didn't read hers because I was so uncomfortable so I don't think she'd read mine. I hope not. Anyways, that's all and I hope y'all have a good week. Bye. <3