six ↠ realization

i'm not in it for the money, ooh,
i'm here looking for the real thing
Pentatonix | Can't Sleep Love

Scott Hoying's POV

I stared at my phone and scowled at it.

Unknown:
I'll win.

I rolled my eyes, knowing it was from Travis immediately.

I wanted to text back and tell him he won't, but I know that he wants to have the satisfaction of knowing it got to me. I then just sighed, making my way to Starbucks. Mitch and I were going to go somewhere else for the pictures, I think it was just some big rock wall. I'm not sure, but he said it was gorgeous.

I was supposed to meet him at his house for the next destination. He said, specifically, that he was leading because an 'LA newbie' couldn't find it. I was just a tiny bit offended.

I was driving to his house in my car. I wanted to turn the radio up a bit, but I was afraid to hear another interview with trashy Travis. Don't even say he isn't that bad, he is really that bad.

I parked in his small driveway, getting out. I knocked on his door and I heard small footsteps coming towards it. He opened it and a small smile was on his lips, "Hi."

I smiled softly, "Hello. Wanna go?"

He nodded, stepping out of his house and closing the door with a quick lock. I led him to my car, getting back in, but he had the driver's side.

I got in the passenger side and watched him as he started it. Soon, we were driving and I don't know why, but I was glancing at him a lot.

He pulled into a nearby hill and got out, motioning for me to follow him. I followed and he spoke, "I hope you brought hiking shoes because we'll need to get up there," he said, pointing to the top of the small hill. I was suddenly glad I was wearing black combat boots. They're not the best but no dirt would get in them, unlike my converse.

We started to hike and Mitch pulled two water bottles out of his backpack that I hadn't noticed he brought until now. He handed me one and I smiled, taking it. "Thanks," I said politely.

He grinned, "No problem. Figured we'd need these," he stated. I nodded, taking a sip and clutching it so I wouldn't drop it.

"So, no one has bugged me about knowing you," I said after a while of silence. He nodded, "That's because you really haven't been seen with me in public, besides the club. No one goes to the sights we've been to. But soon, you're going to be bugged... trust me," he mumbled.

I frowned, "And even if I was, I won't regret meeting you. Even if they beat me senseless, alright?"

He nodded, staying silent. After yet another silence, I spoke again. "Truth or dare?" I asked. He looked at me weirdly, "What?"

"Truth or dare?" I said again. He shrugged, "Truth."

I thought for a moment, "What's your favorite color?"

He smiled to himself, "Probably green."

I nodded, "I like green too."