seven ↠ avoiding

i don't know what you've been told
but music makes you lose control
Pentatonix | Sing

Scott Hoying's POV

"Why can't you tell me what you've got so far?" Avi whined. I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face, "Because I want it to be a surprise!"

Avi frowned, "But I'm your boss!"

I smiled, "You may be my boss but it's my camera."

He groaned, "Fine."

I smiled, "I got to get going. Bye, Avi," I said with a small wave. He did the same and muttered a goodbye as I left his office. We went through that banter again. As I was leaving, I bumped into that Kirstin girl. I looked down at her as she widened her eyes, "Sorry! I'm supposed to talk to Avi," she said. I nodded, "Okay. Wait—" I started. "Kirstin—" she interrupted me. "Kirstie; call me Kirstie," she smiled. I nodded, "Kirstie–aren't you friends with Mitch?"

She nodded, "Yeah, I have been since we were infants."

I nodded again, "So you know about what's wrong with him right?"

She looked down, clearly uncomfortable. "Uh, yeah."

I awkwardly scratched my neck, "Did he tell you how we met?" I asked quietly. She shook her head, "No. Why? How did you two meet?"

I slightly widened my eyes, "Uh... ask him."

She gave me a weary look and nodded. "Anyways, I have to get inside there," she said. I moved out of my way and she walked in, waving at me.

I walked down to where Kevin was and I texted Mitch.

Scott:
can I tell Kirstie how we met?....

His response came immediately.

Mitch:
i'll tell her. i think she deserves to know.

Scott:
okay

I put my phone in my pocket and smiled at Kevin. We've gotten closer since I've been here and he calls me 'Noodle' as I call him 'Meat' and I also call Avi 'Potatoes' so they're Meat & Potatoes. It seemed appropriate since they seemed to be really close. I caught them laughing and talking one day when I came in.

I looked around for Mitch to see if he was even here and was surprised to see he wasn't. Although I shouldn't be, considering that this is the lobby if you'd call it that, I was.

I walked back to the elevator as Kevin stared at me with an odd look, "Alright then," I heard him mumble. I went to his office and knocked, hearing Mitch but it was barely audible. They seemed like cries. I knocked softly and I heard him immediately quiet.

"Coming," he said, his voice cracking at the end. I widened my eyes. Had he been crying?

He opened it, barely, and looked at me. His eyes were red and his cheeks were puffy. "Uh, were... were you crying?" I asked.

He wiped his eye, "Uh, no."

I frowned, "I know you were."