Chapter 2

*song: house of cards by Tyler Shaw*

"Mother" I yell as I get home partly angry and anxious walk up our front steps towards the door , she wasn't there to pick me up Nor was Katie and they usually wait for me to finish Before we walk home together I didn't even have a chance to open the door it's just magical opened as I reached to turn the nob but I pay no attention to that as I walk into the kitchen , I pause mid stride as I catch my father from the corner of my eye on the floor tears rolling down while reading the Purple note he sets it down an turns away , I take it by the hand writing I could tell it's from my mother and read:

Dear, Michael

I know it's going to be a shock to you but I had to leave

And I've taken Katie with me for safe keeping , we will be okay and please take good

Care of Keira She's different in so many was you'd think impossible....

I was awoken by the seat belt sign flashing, I turn my head away from the light but just by that slightest movement the blanket that was put on me fell off, leaving me victim to the wave of coldness coming from the plane air con, I must have only slept for about 2-3 hours it's not enough.

My eyes snap open as I take in my surroundings I rub the sleep from them, my heart falters and a wave of sadness over comes me wishing I could wake up in my Aunts house as I put my seat belt back on I turn to wake my father but pause, he looks so at ease but only when he sleeps his light brown hair has a devilish look to it but can only be formed by running your hand through it countless times and his eyes, oh, you can see even with them closed you can see the sadness and despair they hold.

"Father, Father wake up we are going to land soon" I say softly

He groans as he turns to stretch out his tired ,strained and stressed out muscles but when he sees me he smiles but it's not thesame smile I've known.

"Hey pumpkin, you sleep good?" he asks in a groggy voice , I mutely nod " good , I got them to put the blanket on you I could see you were cold ,from the air con and all" he pauses " I wanted to say sorry about ,when I called you fat I was angry and shouldn't have taken it out on you , can you forgive me ?"

"Yeah, sure I guess" I mumble, I can't bring myself to look him in the eye the pain of that night is still with me.

The pilot speaks to us through the intercom saying "Good morning it is now 6:45 am, Ladies and Gentlemen we will the landing in London in 20 minutes. On behalf of the staff and I we would like to thank you for flying with us and picking our airline"

I turn my head to the window, I open it a little just for me to see but not enough for the others to know and bend my head to catch a glimpse of the sunrise, it's beautiful, the night sky going from black to purple and the clouds taking their colour by the orange glow of the sun and the pink mist that flows between the clouds and the night sky. I sigh and close the window.

*an hour later*

"Darling here I've found it" said a middle aged women , holding a blue hiking bag

"I hope she's okay today" says someone on my left

"How was your trip?" asked a grandmother to her gran kids

"NORA!!" yelled a stressed out father looking for his child

We've landed in London and before you know it all hell breaks loose, kids are running around, the traffic has just started outside and I still haven't had my coffee fix yet and guess what it's only 8:25, I'm like never up this early and I've got a massive headache and some dipsh*t has just taken my backpack , I start running.

"Excuse me, sir" I say breathlessly "but I'm afraid you've taken the wrong bag" I say as pleasantly as I can without letting my irritation show

"oh , sorry little girl , I've been up since 2 AM because of my daughter being sick and all -" I cut him off before he can waste anymore of my time, by taking my bag and giving his and saying thanks through clenched teeth.

I keep chanting ,coffee, as I look for my father but eventually I get tired and sit on one of the benches near the restaurants with my head between my hands .

Coffee , oh sweet coffee

Coffee, where are you

Coffee , coffee

"Geez, kiddo you look like death" says a British man, I don't look up I just mumble a "thanks for noticing" he chuckles lightly , I look up him and smile, he gasps in shock his eyes widen as if he is surprised but I am more surprised by his change of mood , then as if noticing my discomfort he furrows his brows but it's his eyes that catch me off guard they hold concern and it's for me. No one and I mean no one aside from Aunty Jade has ever been worried about me since my mother left, and my dad hasn't got any time to me fretting over a 16 year old.

"Are you here alone? where's your mother" he asks

As I'm about to answer I hear my name being called, I smile at the man and turn to see my father walking to me with his black suitcase and a brief case in one hand and two cups of coffee in the other -

"Keira, oh thank god I found you, I bought you coffee. Oh, and who is this?" he says as he gets nearer, I take my coffee and turn back to the man in grey.

"Thanks dad, oh and this is..." I trail of not knowing what to say, and as the silence etches on I take sips of the coffee, I nearly moan as the warmth of the coffee warms my cold fingers and let my mouth reveals in the taste of caffeine

"I'm Neil, and it was nice meeting you, Keira and you too?" he says to my father but never taking his eyes off me , I give him a meek smile as he tips his hat in my direction and walks off.

'That was strange don't you think, it was like he was mesmerized by meeting me of something' I think

"Your telling me" says my father as he looks for our driver, who is to take us too our hotel

"Huh? Oh hell" i lower my head and bring my hand up to my face "Did I say that out loud" I say quite hesitantly a blush of embarrassment makes its way from my neck to my cheeks , I fan my face to take away the blush even though its 15 degrees outside , as my father nods answering my question

*20 minutes later*

Finally we found our driver , his names Chris Walker and his a middle aged man, we walk out of the airport and we are greeted by the winter breeze , freezing I take out my grey hoodie and pull it over as we walk closely behind Mr. Walker . When we do eventually find the car it's a black E-Class Sudan with a cream colour interior, the car is heaven and best of all its warm as I get into the car Mr. Walker and my father put the bags in the boot and then they both get in in front.

"To the hotel first, sir?" said Mr. Walker just as he started the car

"Yes, please" said my father as he pulls out his phone

I'm left to entertain myself since I don't have a phone look, out the window and watch the people move through their everyday routine. When it starts to get to hot I take off my hoodie and put it back into my bag, I then tie the loose laces of my purple all-stars, when I look out the window I get this tingling sensation that I'm being watch or stared at I turn to see who it is looking through the window, but all to soon we are moving again.

Having shaken off that feeling I resume my blank stare out the window.