Chapter 22

POV Keira

I watched as Liam's unconscious body flew through the sky "NO!!" I yelled with tears springing into my eyes.

I then remembered earlier conversation with Liam:

 "We gonna play later" he asked with optimism filling his beautiful blue eyes

"Sure, kid" I said giving him a smile

This was it, I have to save him even if it's the last thing I do.

I breathed out- my hands reaching out to the sky, towards him. I felt a surge of energy flow through me, down to my fingertips this purple 'air' flew from my fingertips stopping his body in mid-air I held him there, my focus intent since I wasn't running of emotion like before it's a bit harder for me to use my magic .the energy was still flowing through my body........tingling into my fingers, my toes. He was limp.

Slowly I turned my hand to lower him onto the ground, I then ran to the place I lowered him to forgetting the others as the finished of the troll. I ran up to Liam's limp body he looked so peaceful and adorable still in the outfit I saw him in earlier today but there was blood on his lower lip coming from his nose.

"No, no Liam you can't" I whispered as this heavy feeling started to consume me, shaking over his small and fragile body.

I heard footsteps coming closer but I didn't look up to see who it was "No not my baby" I heard Cora sob, she sat next to me pulling Liam so that his head was on her lap.

"I'm so so sorry" I cried unable to contain my own sadness and guilt for not being able to save him "I should have.......should have.......save him" I said looking up at Cora and Robert

"It's not your fault, you could not have known" said Robert then he turned back to look at his little boy with such devastation and guilt, I knew that look it was the same one my father gave me before he left me behind with Cora and Robert.

"Kiera are you okay?" I heard my beautiful make ask as he ran towards us but stopped with he say my red and puffy eyes and then looked from me to his parent and then to his little brother who lay limp in his mother's arms "No! not Liam, not brother" I watched as my mates heart became heavy and tears streamed down his face as he approached us with Lana and Troy looking equally shattered looking at the scene in front of them.

"Not little man" said Lana before breaking into a full of sob, I watched as Troy held her shaking figure.

In turn back to look at Kieran and my heart broke as I saw the pain and sadness written on his face and in his eyes. I reached for his hand but he saw this and grabbed me pulling me in for a hug, I closed my eyes and willed myself to be strong for him.

Once we pulled apart I notice this glowing light between us, looking down I saw the dark blue with purple sparkling 'air' swirling where our hands were. I then came up with an idea I lifted his hand never breaking our hand holding contact and touched Liam's arm because if neither natural nor medical medication can help then maybe magic can.

Kieran and I were suddenly transported into another place were the lake glistened with the touch of the sun set and the grass was evergreen , this place felt so familiar and was beautiful the pink, orange and a little blue sky was unforgettable.

"Wow this place is beautiful" I breathed out turning to look at Kieran

"Is it just me or do you feel like we've been here before" asked Kieran still holding my hand, I just nodded

"Wonderful it both of you" we heard a voice say from behind, we turn to see a beautiful lady with long glossy blond hair, deep blue eyes with a purple shine but what captured my attention

1. Was the sliver head crown

2. Liam holding on to her white flowy dress

I had no idea who she was but I felt a connection to her, Kieran seemed to piece the pieces together and kneeled down bowing to her

"Queen Florena, I'm honored to meet you" I looked at him in confusion before turning back to the woman before me

"Yo.....you're the previous Vasillissa?" I stuttered looking at her with a new perspective and lots of awe

"Yes, mon amour" she said smiling brightly at me "Please do stand, fili mi it is I who should bow to you" she said lowering her head, I gasp seeing over people men, woman and children all wearing a beautiful silver crowns all were....................bowing for us even Liam bowed

"I don't understand" I stated feeling the power of all the people in the room enter my soul, I looked at Kieran and saw he to felt the power.

As Queen Florena looked up I saw all the men, women and children all disappear leaving just the four of us in the beautiful meadow alone, I gasp

"Let me start with a story" Queen Florena said looking at us intensely "It started one day when all races lived in harmony humans and the supernatural.................all the supernatural as in the fae people, trolls, giant and all. But one day the human's greed and lust for power drove the supernatural into hiding and that's how Everlor came to be. It was very peaceful back then" I watched as her eyes glazed with the memories "And I was Vasillissa with my mate until he died fighting to save me" she gave a sad smile but turned to look behind her and being curious I saw him the standing at the edge of the forest grinning at his mate with so much adoration I had to look away not wanting to impose on their moment " I had to deal with his death and deal with and entire race so obviously many doubted me and the we had chaos in Everlor and then I had a vision about my death and you two with your guardians coming together and saving the super naturals from destroying each other."

"But how we could barely even save Liam" said Kieran looking ashamed

"There will be losses, my child but you cannot give up hope, learn from the mistakes that you will have to pass" said Queen Florena "Our time is nearly over but I will give you one thing you want most aside from each other" she said giving us a mischievous smile, I blush at her words

"And what will that be" I asked trying to keep the conversation as far away from awkward as possible

"Liam" was all she said before I felt him hugging my leg and then I down only for him to already be in Kieran's arms

"Thank you" we said in unison

The scenery started to fade into a hazy blur but before the blackness consumed us we heard Queen Florena say:

"You two, Kieran and Keira are our only hope I cannot tell you the outcome of what is to pass that you will make it through this and your love will change everything"

Once I opened my eyes I was looking up through the tree branches I could see the sunlight trying to break through.

"Momma, papa" I heard Liam say in his sweet, shy voice

"Kiera! Kiera can you hear me?" I heard Kieran ask his voice all panicky then his face came it to view, I smiled at him with adoration, yes, I think I might just be falling for the man in front of me " Thank god, I thought I lost you" he said with tears threatening to fall.

Without thinking about it I pushed myself and looked him in the eye and then we kissed full of passion and desire, I was then lifted into his lap still locked in our kiss I felt him bit my bottom lip and me being so inexperienced ignored it but I knew he wanted to deepen the kiss-

"Open your mouth, Kiera" he whispered and I immediately did as I was told and the everything fell away it was just us and all I knew was the world was tilting and my only solid ground was the magnificent man and his mouth, his body touching mine as I leaned closer to him. I was on cloud 9

************************************************************************************************

mon amour - my lovely ( French)

fili mi - my child ( Latin )