Chapter 16

*****Picture of Kieran******

POV Keira

As we neared the castle, I started to feel this nervousness and anticipation build with in me, it started by the lower half of my body at first I thought it was butterflies then it felt like my entire body knew something I didn't and everyone in the car grew quieter but the anticipation got worse and it didn't help me at all as my heart started to beat faster, my palms got sweatier.

Lana turned to look at me and saw my anxious form fidgeting and my wide eyes regarding the landscape for something, for what I don't even know.

"its okay, I'll be right with you" said Lana as if feeling my distress, but not knowing what's its for.

As we stopped in front of the house my body was on fire, the anticipation was -

That's when he came out, I felt the strings of my heart and my soul and all of me finally relax with his present. I swiftly got out of the car and walk towards him as he walks to me, we met half way.

"It's you" I whisper, feeling the energy between us grow

"it's you, mon amour" he said looking into my eyes, my soul and with that he brought his hands to my face looking at me like I'm some precious glass doll his afraid to drop.

Subconsciously my body closes the distance between us, the tingles his touch inflicts on me are full of pleasure and surprisingly comforting. I gasp

I stood back not knowing what to do, I watched as he furrowed his brows in confusion then looks pass me as if only now realizing that we were not alone. That's when I felt this pressure building inside me, I scream as the pain escalated, everyone ran to me but the guy in front of me warns them back I don't hear what he says because before I could say the words 'help' I slipped into the hands of unconciseness as it took me deep into my mind locking me away until the pain has ended.

POV Kieran

I could feel her, hear her and now I can hold her but this is not how it should have been, Keira as my mother told me has just started the transformation into her vampire self. Darrius my vampire self is furious and wants to be let out so that he can hold and protect his soul, his life but I can't let him out not when his upset about his mate, you see, vampires wonder high and low for their mate and when they find them let's just say the women are in an endless bliss.

I watch as she screams in pain....... I sit here in the comer of my room unable to help, but not willing to leave. That's when I remember the night became a vampire, the pain was endless and the vivid dreams of Darrius's past lives became my only source of direction.

'It's going to be okay, we are going to be okay' I say to Darrius

'Speak for yourself, that's my soulmate being reborn and I can't even hold her' Darrius spat

'OUR soulmate, they are one just like you and I' I said calmly

'Your right, it's just harder transforming into a vampire than a werewolf' he sigh defeated, unwilling to fight me.

I wouldn't know what it felt like to transform into my werewolf because I haven't gone through it yet, it's no problem ,my father's theory is that Keira and I are to transform into out wolves together on the day of Nascita di anime , the night of the full moon after we have met- which is in six weeks' time.

"Kieran, darling, come on down stairs for a little while" said my mother eyes full of concern

"No, I'm not leaving her" I reply ,not looking at her only at my sleeping mate the pain stopped yesterday but it could just as well come back while I'm not here.

"Kieran, don't be difficult now" my mother or Cora as I like to call her from time to time said in a tight voice.

I sigh knowing that if I stay she'll be angry and drag me downstairs and if I go willingly I'm going to get a lecture or to plan on how to break the news to Keira.

"Okay coming be there in 5" I whisper, taking one look at Keira, I smile as I take in her beautiful features.

Her curly hair, the curve of the lips and the sweet scent- lavender laced with vanilla – I lean forward and kiss her forehead, I hover like that liking the tingles and power in which we emanate together.

"il mio amore , fino a tardi" I say moving towards the door, I turn back to make sure she is okay, one last time then I leave to deal with my family.

*****************************************************************************************************
Glossary

il mio amore , fino a tardi - my love,  until later (in Italian)

Nascita di anime - Birth of souls